Power Inspired AC Regenerator

Sligolad

Re: Power Inspired AC Regenerator

Post by Sligolad »

Call me nuts but my reaction to such an issue would be to load it up to somewhere near 1,000 watts and run it for a few hours to see if you "Pop the Fizz" or kill the regenerator, then you can send it back for a new one!!!
I am being serious in case anyone reads this who does not know me :-))

My one runs at over 600 watts as I have everything on it, I think the 2 Art Audio amps alone pull 600watts, it means the fan has to run a little over the minimum setting but I cannot hear it when listening to music and I do not even notice it when not listening to music unless sitting very close by on a particularly quiet day.
I have tripped it maybe twice or three times over the past year or two but only on really hot days due to keeping the fan as low as possible, but it resets easily and I have never heard any Fizz!
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by DaveF »

The toaster is 750w, the Jadis is almost 400w. I'm not going to try them both together in case something goes wrong with the AG unit. Once the load goes above a certain level, the fizzing noise seems to stay at the same level.
I'll get onto the manufacturer on Monday. I think just for peace of mind I'm going to take the unit out for now.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

It doesn't have the credentials of the other brands mentioned here, but at this money I reckon this is a bit of a steal:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/monster- ... -satellite

I have one on the way....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

That looks like a steal, Fran. I've paid nearly that much for a power strip.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:It doesn't have the credentials of the other brands mentioned here, but at this money I reckon this is a bit of a steal:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/monster- ... -satellite

I have one on the way....

Fran

Just ordered one too... the surge protection alone is worth that when you're using valves. Thanks.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
mick

Post by mick »

Thanks for the link. Am trying one as well at that price you can't go wrong.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

These things are sound killers.
Bad, bad, bad
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Aleg wrote:These things are sound killers.
Bad, bad, bad
Not always. They are very system dependent, particulary conditioners. The AC Regen units are different and dont strangle dynamics unless you've got an amp with very high peak current demands.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:These things are sound killers.
Bad, bad, bad
curiosity,
suppose it depends in the swings of the current demand, though im fully aware it could be a flop

hush now your not helping the secondhand market:)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's