MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Octagon

Re: MQN

Post by Octagon »

Clive wrote:SSE and AVX may be labelled the wrong way around.
Clive, tested your idear but even a renamed avx is not working. With the feedback in between there seems to be an issue with several systems.
Coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer / 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery / digital XO/DRC / 2 PC floating PSU picoless battery/Mutec REF 10/2x Mutec MC3.1+ USB floating PSU 6V/FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery/Mutec MC-4
Clive

Post by Clive »

Try the AVX of 7.33 as this may be the SSE file.

Just saw the above post. I heard swapping axv to see worked for a friend. Not tried it yet myself.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Tried portaudio V37 avx2 and mqnplay V7.33 avx2 but got some crackling on one speaker, reverted to V7.24 avx2 but still crackling. When I changed back to portaudio V34 avx2 everything normal again.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
m.massimo

Post by m.massimo »

7.33 sse2 doesn't work here as well. Tested pa 27, 32, 34 and 37. No crash, but no output.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ken Moreland wrote:Tried portaudio V37 avx2 and mqnplay V7.33 avx2 but got some crackling on one speaker, reverted to V7.24 avx2 but still crackling. When I changed back to portaudio V34 avx2 everything normal again.
KM
yes a little bit of a crackle here too at the start
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Clive

Post by Clive »

I've just tried 7.33 AVX with PA v37 normal on my i5 Ivy Bridge. It works. Surely must be the SSE version with AVX filename.

Those trying 7.33 AVX with PA AVX I suggest you try 7.33 SSE with PA AVX. Maybe that won't crackle.
m.massimo

Post by m.massimo »

Clive wrote:I've just tried 7.33 AVX with PA v37 normal on my i5 Ivy Bridge. It works. Surely must be the SSE version with AVX filename.
7.33avx2 with pa37normal crashes on my pc, as usually do any avx/avx2 version (on my pc not avx compliant), while previous sse2 work fine with pa37.
Clive

Post by Clive »

I've listened some more. PA v37 gives some low level crackling on the left channel even with 7.18 SSE. Presumably it is PA v37 which is the culprit.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Ever since I tried for the first time to shorten the file-path to the root folder and the file-name, I never listened without it!
I tried with JPLAY one PC, TWO pc's, W8, R2, clean power, etc........ and the difference was always there.

I don't want to raise another "debate" with "non-believers" about this method (like I did a few of months ago in this same forum), but I also feel that whoever is interested in trying this, shouldn't be affected for the same reason!

About two years ago Peter Terpstra (Peter_T) made one script for JPLAY what does automatically the copying and renaming.
At my request, this wonderful man was nice enough to modify the script for MQn!
Thanks Peter_T!
I'm using this script for the last 3-4 months and it's working perfectly with both MQn's (WASAPI & Foobar).

The following are the highlights from PeterT 's emails:
The script that copies every file to .wav in the root directory (without tasker) can be downloaded from my dropbox :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/907 ... c2c_v2.zip

I used that script to incorporate Taggart's tasker commands. You can download it here :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/907 ... tasker.zip
The tasker commands that change the priority of MQNplay from normal to "realtime" are in a separate tasker.bat file, that is called by my MQn_AHK_1by1_tasker.bat file (the one that replaces MQN.bat).

IMPORTANT: current version of AHK can only be installed properly under full GUI W2012R1/R2.

call 448-clockrate.bat
in the .bat file after MQNcontrol is called. You can download that corrected .bat file from my dropbox :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/907 ... tasker.bat

Again, please try it before you comment or just ignore this post!
I hope that you will like it and enjoy as much as I do!

Adam
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
jrling

Post by jrling »

Clive wrote:I've listened some more. PA v37 gives some low level crackling on the left channel even with 7.18 SSE. Presumably it is PA v37 which is the culprit.
Me too with same combo.
I think it's Gordon trying to make MQn sound like a Sondek LP12 - it's like playing vinyl with the very occasional scratch on the LP.

Seriously though, PAv37 (with 7.18 SSE2 in my case) is the real thing. Stunning detail - "sounds I am hearing that I never heard before on 16/44.1" and it is like the whole soundstage has snapped into focus with stunning clarity and separation; especially noticeable on music with a lot going on.

MQn KS has definitely come of age and will leap ahead of WASAPI in leaps & bounds from now on, I am sure.

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub