MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: MQN

Post by Sligolad »

I have a backup OS SSD Drive which is an image of my current drive before loading wdkms & portaudio so I will stick this in this evening and see if I can still play HiRez on the Meitner with MQN Wasapi without any portaudio.
If I can then it must be the firmware upgrade but if not then maybe portaudio has created some conversion paths in windows....a completely uneducated guess of course!

Post by jesuscheung »

7.16 sounds great. vocal has ease. decay is superb.
portaudio treble > wasapi.

need bass. bass. bass. bass.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Dunno if it's bass limiting think it's more dynamics
Does resolution bring dynamics?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Clive

Post by Clive »

I've had another go at getting KS working on 8.1 using 7.16 SSE 1644 and 7.10 SSE 2496. Both windows looks normal but there's no sound.

mqnparam,txt is set to 4 as per listwdmks for my machine.

My driver is the Young driver which is fine for KS using jplay. Wasapi is running fine.

Could MMCSS settings be preventing me hearing anything? I believe MMCSS will be working currently.
lukivision

Post by lukivision »

I still can get no sound. 7.05 sse is the latest working. I´m using taggart´s mqnload. Interesting: mqnparam.txt seems to have no influence at all, I can delete it and still hear music.

Luki
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I loaded my backup OS without any wdkms or portaudio attempts to setup on it and just configured MQN Wasapi with the same files I ran last night and I am back to normal with just white noise when I tried to play any HiRez tracks and DAC was not locking at all.

So the process of setting up the new MQN with portaudio has established a route for 32 DACs to play HiRez using Wasapi MQN player versions.

Make what you want of it but it is not down to my recent firmware update, portaudio must be now wrapping in 32 bit 96k container any HiRez files I try to play.....again a completely uneducated guess am I am sure those who may know better can educate me.

Bottom line anyone with a 32 bit DAC that wants HiRez playback with MQN versions before recent exploits into KS should have a go at installing the new KS files in a separate folder on your C drive and run the new wdkms files, then go back to their original MQN folder and then try HiRez files...might be best to reboot first so that the correct MQN is running from the right folder first.

Post by Aleg »

Sligolad wrote:I loaded my backup OS without any wdkms or portaudio attempts to setup on it and just configured MQN Wasapi with the same files I ran last night and I am back to normal with just white noise when I tried to play any HiRez tracks and DAC was not locking at all.

So the process of setting up the new MQN with portaudio has established a route for 32 DACs to play HiRez using Wasapi MQN player versions.

Make what you want of it but it is not down to my recent firmware update, portaudio must be now wrapping in 32 bit 96k container any HiRez files I try to play.....again a completely uneducated guess am I am sure those who may know better can educate me.

Bottom line anyone with a 32 bit DAC that wants HiRez playback with MQN versions before recent exploits into KS should have a go at installing the new KS files in a separate folder on your C drive and run the new wdkms files, then go back to their original MQN folder and then try HiRez files...might be best to reboot first so that the correct MQN is running from the right folder first.

Pearse

Do you run 2012R2 in GUI or minimal Server?
Did you apply AO optimiser? If so, what version and what settings? E.g. USB optimisation on or off?

I tried yesterday what you suggest now, but no result on my 32-bit.
Will again later.

--------
Saw your AO version in your signature. I'm still on 1.24.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jrling

Re: MQN-KS

Post by jrling »

Tried 7.16 SSE2/3.64/PAv30 - crashes before play
Tried 7.15 SSE2/3.64/PAv30 - plays fine

Impressions are:
Extraordinary fine detail in high end
Mid vocals good but not outstanding
Bass lacking in quantity and quality - lost that 6.17 SSE2 magic
All versions seem to be louder than 6.17 - not a good thing in my book

Overall a bit harsh, even tending to earache. Probably because of the bias towards the top end.
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
Clive

Post by Clive »

lukivision wrote:I still can get no sound. 7.05 sse is the latest working. I´m using taggart´s mqnload. Interesting: mqnparam.txt seems to have no influence at all, I can delete it and still hear music.

Luki
Is there some way you can share 7.05 SSE with me? It's not in Main or Archive. I should check to see if it works in my system. I'll PM my email in case you can send it.

Cheers
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Aleg wrote: Pearse

Do you run 2012R2 in GUI or minimal Server?
Did you apply AO optimiser? If so, what version and what settings? E.g. USB optimisation on or off?

I tried yesterday what you suggest now, but no result on my 32-bit.
Will again later.

--------
Saw your AO version in your signature. I'm still on 1.24.
Hi Aleg, I run Minimal Server with the latest AO 1.26b1. Its been so long since I installed it I forget most of my settings but I think I ran USB optimisation though I do not use any USB ports, only the JCat for audio out.

I am pretty sure I ran the Wasapi optimisation or something like that in the optimiser and everything else off as I do not have any NIC enabled in bios.
Is there some MMCS query in there as well? if there is I probably went yes and other than that its about all I can think of.

I have an Amanero driver in my system which I used for listening to Tony's Lamp and now my own but I cannot see how that might come into play!
I even went in to services and shut down the JPlay service and everything still worked as I thought JPlay might have had some bearing on it as well.
A bit stumped how it is working but it is sounding great, just played a 24 192 Grover Washington track and it was amazing in that it was the first time I heard a PCM track that would challenge any DSD track I have heard through my system, even with the DAC locking in at 96k!!