MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
John Dot

Re: MQN

Post by John Dot »

jesuscheung wrote:
John Dot wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded 5.60 sse2/avx/avx amd/avx2
Sse2 Sounds waaay better than Foobar XA (recommended by JC) and Aplayer (Album Player) what means is GREAT.
Thanks SBGK.
i bet you didn't test xa on pkshan win7...

if you did use pkshan win7 and still think mqn is better all way, you should buy xs...
you can get a refund if you can define OS+bios setting + mqn that beats xs

tell you right now... xa + 7 > mqn + R2 with texture quality + mid + vocal refinement + earaches...
other things mqn better
I tested it on win8.1. XA sounds great and I like it's Foobar functionality.
In my opinion MQN>Album player (Aplayer)>Foobar Xa>Jplay

Think the XA's special Asio version sonds great. On Aplayer I like KS full memory option.
But... MQN is still unbeatable :)
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

i have said like a 100 times xa sounds rubbish on win8
on his blog, he said use win7. and you use win8.

sick of people keep trying find shitty software and compare it to mqn
of course mqn is better... yes mqn > xa+R2/8

praising mqn is goood.
critizising it is like reporting bug.. not a bad thing

need to stay open-minded and compare to some real software
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

this just drives me nut

it is like people compare i3 vs i7
of course i7 better

nobel prize vs degree project

almost this is an insult...

learn to compare things with fairness
iphone vs andriod
linux vs windows
ok?
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

uploaded
mqnplay.exe.manifest
https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&au ... Eo5QWVtOEE

it requests more privileges for mqn

-copy the file to mqn folder where mqnplay.exe is... SQ change effective immediately
-delete the file if you don't like the sound

tested with 2.71x, 2.73x, SQ only better
tested with 5.07 AVX... texture more listenable. (AVX tends to be rich and texture lacking)
tested with 5.69 sse2.. reduces harshness of see2

bad things less. good things better. maybe too crispy/dry sounding... (but don't think this would be issue for people. since people has no problem the SQ effect with affinity tweak)

would like some feedbacks
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote:uploaded
mqnplay.exe.manifest
https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&au ... Eo5QWVtOEE

it requests more privileges for mqn

-copy the file to mqn folder where mqnplay.exe is... SQ change effective immediately
-delete the file if you don't like the sound

tested with 2.71x, 2.73x, SQ only better
tested with 5.07 AVX... texture more listenable. (AVX tends to be rich and texture lacking)
tested with 5.69 sse2.. reduces harshness of see2

bad things less. good things better. maybe too crispy/dry sounding... (but don't think this would be issue for people. since people has no problem the SQ effect with affinity tweak)

would like some feedbacks
Interesting how does this compare or affect the use of taggarts tasker
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 6.01, sounds pretty good, definitely a candidate according to my ears, uses 2 loops so no buffer pointer manipulation or calculation. tried it before and wasn't convinced, but this is better, 6.00 is the 1 loop version.

has anyone used aplay on linux with a wav file ? could tweak aplay etc in linux surely that's better than windows pain.

reading some of the lp12 upgrade threads on pfm talking about different bearings reducing bass bloom, so all is not perfect in the analogue world.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 6.01, sounds pretty good, definitely a candidate according to my ears, uses 2 loops so no buffer pointer manipulation or calculation. tried it before and wasn't convinced, but this is better, 6.00 is the 1 loop version.

has anyone used aplay on linux with a wav file ? could tweak aplay etc in linux surely that's better than windows pain.

reading some of the lp12 upgrade threads on pfm talking about different bearings reducing bass bloom, so all is not perfect in the analogue world.
Prob the best guy here for aplay Linux is frd1996 might be no harm to shoot him a pm
Linux opens lots of doors in regards leaving the complexity of the pc and we could use bbb rpi etc
Although there's much improvement needed for Linux

Don't think digital ever left the analog world
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

ok thanks. have tweaked sbt extensively, but not touched the software, unlikely to get much help from linux guys as they all seem to be bits are bits types.

uploaded 6.02, 6.01 had a setting which was left over from a previous trial which affected the soundstage.

6.02 is equivalent to 6.00, but 2 loops instead of 1.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:ok thanks. have tweaked sbt extensively, but not touched the software, unlikely to get much help from linux guys as they all seem to be bits are bits types.
try him
even if he thinks were full of shit doesn't necessarily mean he wont have a little input

uploaded 6.02, 6.01 had a setting which was left over from a previous trial which affected the soundstage.

6.02 is equivalent to 6.00, but 2 loops instead of 1.
very quick test 6.00 > 6.02 better subtleties
will need to test vs 5.98/5.97 later
tony

Post by tony »

I am with Jesuschueng here the old hires versions of MQn have a certain sound that has not been bettered. Avx2 only means haswell punters so small body of testers
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.