Americana and suchlike

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Bannjo

Re: Americana and suchlike

Post by Bannjo »

Hurry for the riff raff, purchased on vinyl from HMV Belfast includes CD, great new talent!
Attachments
SmallTownHeroesSleeve.jpg
SmallTownHeroesSleeve.jpg (106.44 KiB) Viewed 907 times
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Bannjo wrote:Hurry for the riff raff, purchased on vinyl from HMV Belfast includes CD, great new talent!
Yeah anything I've heard I've liked. The cover reminds me a bit of "Sweethearts of the Rodeo".

Welcome to the fourums lad.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Thank you Ivor, loved her/their covers album too 'My Dearest Darkest Neighbour' another current fave of mine is the wonderfully named Sturgill Simpson with the 'Metamodern Sounds in Country Music'
Attachments
Sturgil Simpson.jpg
Sturgil Simpson.jpg (56.23 KiB) Viewed 887 times
cybot

Post by cybot »

Welcome on board! Thanks for the tip on HFTRR! Long time since I went down that country road but it's just brilliant music making, isn't it ? A worthy new talent :)

Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Bannjo wrote:Thank you Ivor, loved her/their covers album too 'My Dearest Darkest Neighbour' another current fave of mine is the wonderfully named Sturgill Simpson with the 'Metamodern Sounds in Country Music'

I'll delve a little deeper into those, I hadn't realised Riff Raff had so many albums out... a mate of mine has been mumbling about them for a while now...

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tweber

Post by tweber »

So far (side 1) really liking this
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Just received today on vinyl, sounds superb so far, look forward to seeing him live again :)
Attachments
J Fullbright.jpg
J Fullbright.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Some albums well worth checking out.... including some already flagged here by the cognoscenti ;)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... y-20140807

markof

Post by markof »

Listening to the 4 album box set that came out a couple of years ago.
The studio album is rightly famous and the live albums are stunning examples of southern rock especially considering what the band had just been thought with the deaths of both Duane Allman and Berry Oakley.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
Bannjo

Post by Bannjo »

Warped genius that is Scott H Biram - mean, low down, dirty blues from the gently strummed beauty of 'Never Comin' Home' to the demented physcobilly of 'Backdoor Man' - this guy has issues!!!
Attachments
Scott Birham.jpg
Scott Birham.jpg (63.2 KiB) Viewed 778 times