tnt audio review of i2s pci express interface

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: tnt audio review of i2s pci express interface

Post by nige2000 »

shoom wrote:Hi Nige2000

Yes interesting subject and finding the right I2S work around is the challenge.

‘’pink faun pci e i2s actually converts pcie to usb to i2s?’’

Yes makes very little sense IMHO and has no real advantage other than eliminating the USB lead but some key PSU problems to overcome.
even usb cable has an influence in sound shorter cables of same type nearly always sound better
I was thinking more along the lines of taking I2S straight from the sound card into a Teleporter on short leads. The Teleporter then converts to LVDS which is much more amenable to distance transmission. Then back to I2S at the DAC. Now I’ve tried USB straight into the WAVEIO, straight into my Buffalo and compared to using the Teleporters.
id prefer to have less conversions in the signal path if possible
actually prefer a reclocked amanero to the waveio

I’m a little bit of a technophobe (read slow) and from a pre computer at school generation so I’ll be looking for a few hints when that comes around. I’m having a look at the Audio PC Build thread ATM and its dead good but I may just start a similar one for dummies like myself just to encourage a few more participants to build something nice.
best of luck finding anything in the build a pc thread as stuff gets buried
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
shoom

Re: tnt audio review of i2s pci express interface

Post by shoom »

‘’reclocked amanero’’

Yes I have an Amanero with split supplies to XO and chip.

Both good cards.

Agreed USB cable length can affect the sound so getting rid of that item is valid. As I said ‘there must be a better way’’ than having all of those format conversions but IMHO some of it is swings and roundabouts.

In my set up without the Teleporters I’m stuck with having my music PC in the hifi rack or long USB cables. Both ways have problems so sometimes it’s hold my nose, make a calculated choice based on what I hear and wait for something better to arrive.

I’m hoping to find a better way

And with transmission methods from PC to DAC I’m sure that’s going to happen at some point.

The audio PC thread has been a good way of getting the feel of the forum.

ATB.