MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Gordon I hope you can get an avx one for hapless haswell less blokes?
This version is excellent and even if the project carries on this is a good benchmark point or end point. Slight understatement!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Gordon I hope you can get an avx one for hapless haswell less blokes?
This version is excellent and even if the project carries on this is a good benchmark point or end point. Slight understatement!
for the hapless and feckless have uploaded avx and sse2 24/96, you can explain to aleg why he is still waiting for 32 bit.
m5lig

Post by m5lig »

Tony, unfortunately haswell ownership does not guarantee results.

I was able to get avx going in the early versions of 5.0x but the avx2 are out of reach for some reason . Mqnplay hangs after the music files are loaded . I'm working through the error codes and scouring the internet for information but its slim pickings. I try to persuade myself that the rich tasty chocolate cake doesn't really need that extra dollop of cream on top............
Asrock z87m extreme4, i5 4670K, winserver2012 R2, paul pang usb card v1, sotm dx usb, minidsp 4x10 Hd, rotel 1066 amps, linkwitz LX521 speakers.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

m5lig wrote:Tony, unfortunately haswell ownership does not guarantee results.

I was able to get avx going in the early versions of 5.0x but the avx2 are out of reach for some reason . Mqnplay hangs after the music files are loaded . I'm working through the error codes and scouring the internet for information but its slim pickings. I try to persuade myself that the rich tasty chocolate cake doesn't really need that extra dollop of cream on top............
the cream is the best bit

have you tried all the avx2 tricks with permissions new directories etc?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Gordon I hope you can get an avx one for hapless haswell less blokes?
for the hapless and feckless have uploaded avx and sse2 24/96, you can explain to aleg why he is still waiting for 32 bit.
Ta Muchley Feck him he should be celebrating now the dutch scrambled over the line with their giant goalkeeper. Good news for me I still have Holland in my sweepstake with the kids. For once I might be taking the money.

sorry to hear that m5slig about avx2 after all the efforts you put in to get it going.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
m5lig

Post by m5lig »

In frustration , I wiped the C:\MQN directory last night and did a bit of that frustrated world cup soccer player arm flailing when he isn't awarded that OBVIOUS penalty . At sunrise maybe the AVX2 gods will have seen the error of their ways and grant solace . I'll start from scratch and tick permission boxes left right and centre.
Asrock z87m extreme4, i5 4670K, winserver2012 R2, paul pang usb card v1, sotm dx usb, minidsp 4x10 Hd, rotel 1066 amps, linkwitz LX521 speakers.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
My guess is they either didn't make enough of an effort to finish it off in 90 minutes or Gordon is of Costa Rican descend ;-) ?
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

As always Aleg great assessment. It seemed like the costa ricans had 40 men behind the ball.
Would disagree about Gordon's descent the Costa Ricans have put in a mighty effort for one night.
I think Gordon has done slightly more than that.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:As always Aleg great assessment. It seemed like the costa ricans had 40 men behind the ball.
Would disagree about Gordon's descent the Costa Ricans have put in a mighty effort for one night.
You'll probably be back in half hour saying you can't get it ti work..... ;)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Post by Aleg »

tony wrote:As always Aleg great assessment. It seemed like the costa ricans had 40 men behind the ball.
Did not mean the amount of work, but meant being beaten by the Dutch, those with Latin-American temperament might feel an initial resentment towards the Dutch afterwards ;-)

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.