Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

tony

Re: Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:
Claus wrote:Wow looking awesome as the kids say... Will be interesting to hear the bat. I got new valves for it today, and they are breaking in nicely. Could you let us know what tracks were used for the session...

PS: was it a proper session, cause I don't see any grown men crawling on the floor? ;)
It keeps us young & supple but I must admit I had cold turkey sweats when there wasn't a computer in sight

Thanks Dave, interesting session & one surprising result............
I'll let you tell it :)
Eh David Byrne tracks sung by Caetano Veloso are very good test tracks??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Claus

Post by Claus »

And let me guess... We take requests....?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Claus wrote:And let me guess... We take requests....?
No, Oscar was nowhere in sight
Some classical, some Tom Waits, some Cassandra Wilson & some DB was sneaked in when nobody was looking :)

Oh, btw, I posted on the PFM thread "So - this all dacs sound the same thing" to let them guess the identity of the DAC we didn't like - so no cheating now
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Out on the lash for the night so won't post my impressions till tomorrow. Fire away yourselves though.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

We we're all in agreement pretty much I think.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Hope you guys have a nice day today and Dave is not suffering too much with a sore head.
Dave's new amp and speakers are really nice. The Jadis is really large in the flesh,knew it was big but really
an art piece. Lovely sounds from it through the Quads.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Yea, as I said elsewhere :) - ensure you use the good ic on all your DACs

Interested in your impressions of the NOS DACs & BAT Vs Meridien (if you get a chance)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sebna

Post by sebna »

Thank you Dave and rest of you guys for very enjoyable afternoon. Good laughter, good music and pitting few DACs against each other is always a good way to spend Saturday afternoon.

I had a bit of adventure afterwards. We were chatting away with Tony on a car park and those sneaky bastards clamped my car behind our backs :D It is quite funny when I think about it now (even tough it did not seem so on the spot ;)). This clamping guy has some ninja skills that's for sure, be aware !

My ticket expired while we were chatting... very intelligent of me.

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sebna wrote:Thank you Dave and rest of you guys for very enjoyable afternoon. Good laughter, good music and pitting few DACs against each other is always a good way to spend Saturday afternoon.

I had a bit of adventure afterwards. We were chatting away with Tony on a car park and those sneaky bastards clamped my car behind our backs :D It is quite funny when I think about it now (even tough it did not seem so on the spot ;)). This clamping guy has some ninja skills that's for sure, be aware !

My ticket expired while we were chatting... very intelligent of me.

Cheers
Oh, crap, sorry to hear that Seb - those ninja's know how to ruin a day, don't they?
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

Couldn't believe it. I saw him driving out but don't think he drove the van beside Seb's car. It was a calamity of errors as the car could have been left in Dave's car park. Not 100% sure if he had already clamped or did it while we were in deep discussion about important things like dacs and discounts. Hope Seb wins lotto this week as compo.