Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

DaveF

Re: Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

Post by DaveF »

tony wrote:Dave you need to ditch that TT it is just taking up valuable space for electronic products
I'll put it away then. Wouldn't want those electronics products to get embarrassed. :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
sebna

Post by sebna »

No ... :) I would love to hear those famous differences between TT and digi. Best DAC of the day vs TT as the very last comparison. Should be interesting if only space and time allows.

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I see this has developed into a crowdshare event?
If I can be squeezed in on any day, I would love to hear the Hugo.
Also happy to bring anything I can.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

Wouldn't get too excited about it John it is only a tiny thing with a battery in an ugly box
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:Wouldn't get too excited about it John it is only a tiny thing with a battery in an ugly box
:))
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Some pics of todays listening session. Huge thanks to the crew for bringing out the various bits of gear. Interesting results to say the least. I'll post up more details later. I have the Meitner and the Lampi for a while to do more comparisons.

For the record the contenders where:
Meitner ma 1 dac
Lampizator Level 4.5 Dac
Chord Hugo Dac
dCS Purcell Upsampler and Elgar DAC (not the plus version)

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Claus

Post by Claus »

Wow looking awesome as the kids say... Will be interesting to hear the bat. I got new valves for it today, and they are breaking in nicely. Could you let us know what tracks were used for the session...

PS: was it a proper session, cause I don't see any grown men crawling on the floor? ;)
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Claus wrote:Wow looking awesome as the kids say... Will be interesting to hear the bat. I got new valves for it today, and they are breaking in nicely. Could you let us know what tracks were used for the session...

PS: was it a proper session, cause I don't see any grown men crawling on the floor? ;)
It keeps us young & supple but I must admit I had cold turkey sweats when there wasn't a computer in sight

Thanks Dave, interesting session & one surprising result............
I'll let you tell it :)
www.Ciunas.biz
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Great stuff lads... good to see the photos as well.... I had no idea of the physical size of these components, good to put a picture on the Meithner, Lampizator, Meridan, DCS and the Hugo as well.

So I take it is ....... Round II tomorrow then?????
Let the Good Times Roll...................