Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

sebna

Re: Listening Session - Dacs/CDPs

Post by sebna »

Count me in please. As long as it is a weekend I should be able to make it. I am afraid I have nothing interesting to bring with me other then myself ;)

Cheers
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
tony

Post by tony »

sebna wrote:Count me in please. As long as it is a weekend I should be able to make it. I am afraid I have nothing interesting to bring with me other then myself ;)

Cheers
You have that copy cat new dac thingy
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Claus

Post by Claus »

I would love to come along. I can bring the BAT if it is of interest?
sebna

Post by sebna »

tony wrote:You have that copy cat new dac thingy
Well, I kind of do, but Dave told me that Meitner camp ;) will be already represented so I came to conclusion that mine would be waste of valuable space.
i5@800mhz haswell, 16gb @800mhz, H87 mb with PPA TCXO, PPA V1 USB
no storage of any kind, SATA disabled in BIOS, RAMos, W2012 R2, AO 1.26, MQN
Teradak ATX LPSU 210W & 5v LPSU for clean 5v to DAC
Meitner MA-1, Primare Pre30 + A33.2, Zingali HM 2.10+
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

If I have counted correctly... that makes it 9 people hoping to attend so far... including myself.

Dave you may have to re arrange the room...!!!!

Should we bring our own comfy cushions???
Let the Good Times Roll...................
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Does anyone that's planning on coming have a SPL meter that's both accurate and has good repeatabilty? Not sure how good the mobile phone apps are in that regard.
I don't plan on doing a scientific comparison but I think it would be wise to at least do it all level matched for starters.

Something like this maybe?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/digital-sound ... eter-n05cc
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

I have an analog dB meter, but I'll have to find it!!

fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Steve

Post by Steve »

Would love to have trotted along and heard Meitner, Lampi, etc vs the likes of the chunky Wadia. However, I too will be in France (probably consuming a beer or two along with Simon) so will have to check out the after match reports on the forum....
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Steve wrote:Would love to have trotted along and heard Meitner, Lampi, etc vs the likes of the chunky Wadia. However, I too will be in France (probably consuming a beer or two along with Simon) so will have to check out the after match reports on the forum....
We'll raise a glass to DACs.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Can those who are definitely on for Sat let me know asap. Had a look last night and I don't think my living room can accomodate 9 people plus myself comfortably so I might have to split off one group for another day(possibly the day after, Sunday?). I definitely want to hear the Lampi so that means Tony is going.

I doubt anyone wants to compare with vinyl so I could disconnect the TT to free up some space?
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP