Bring out yer dead!

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Bring out yer dead!

Post by Fran »

All sizes considered - around standard hifi width is good.... spraying is no problem - id be doing that as a matter of course anyway. Often ill split the unit so the ps is in a smaller case.

Almost any condition ok:

old-comp-6.jpg
old-comp-6.jpg (27.92 KiB) Viewed 679 times

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

I'll get some photos of suitable candidates and you can choose Fran.

Oh, and I have any number of EOL small form factor HP desktops...not so much use as a grill though!

Richard
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Any of the below any use Fran?

I do need to check none on the Cylinks are PRI rate (still used to run the bank in some countries in EMEA :)), but most are slower and so are junk.

Richard
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

oh yes please!!

If theres loads going, I might take an extra one or two for jkeny as well?

Wow, those cases are usually well made, so would be great for the job.

Fran
Dowser

Post by Dowser »

Sure Fran - just the full width, or also shoebox size for PSUs and the like? Which photos suit you best? The Nortel switches (with LAN ports on the front) are good cases, but the side panels are full of ventilation which may not look so good if not rack mounted?

Let me know desired quantities and I'll have a dig around. Sounds like we need to do that meet up - I have some 63s now which fit in the car easier!

Richard
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Some of each type maybe?

Yeah, maybe the ones in the third photo preferentially (just because it would be easy to mount a timber fascia to the front of it. (second photo not showing up on this PC for some reason) But any of them are fine. Extra ventilation usually isn't a bad thing anyway. A few extra small ones are great for off-board power supplies. Look any of them are better than what I have!!!

I'm working on a night to have a get together... watch this space!

Fran
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Thanks Fran for remembering me! I'm not sure if I have an immediate use for one but if it's Ok to store with you I would be interested?

That reminds me I must pay a trip to my recycling centre one of these days - they are due a bit of "real recycling" although they don't seem to understand this :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

DaveF wrote:Fran,
I'll take a look at it during the week. I havent powered it in almost 8 years I'd say so I've no idea if it still works.

D
Fran, I powered this up today and no blue smoke so I guess its probably ok. I dont have any guinea pig speakers to test it on and I'm not risking my main speakers. It's a reasonably heavy unit too which surprised me so I guess there is a decent transformer in it. If I can make it to your gaff on Thursday I'll bring it along and you can see what u think.

D
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Grand DaveF - thats AOK.

Fran
DavidMc

Post by DavidMc »

Fran I have a dead old A&R A60 if it's any use, wooden sleeve job metal casing.
The whole place is a complete mess. Can't find anything. Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb, from a shoe!