Yamaha ns1000

tcrosby

Yamaha ns1000

Post by tcrosby »

Hi there anyone know how much these speakers are worth nowadays for a good pair ?thoughts greatly appreciated
Fran
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha ns1000

Post by Fran »

Don't know - they've always been on my list of ones to listen to, but never came across a pair. They are well known enough, but I've seen people recommend crazy levels of amp power needed to drive them. Can't really be necessary.

Are ya selling or looking to buy?
Do or do not, there is no try
mick

Post by mick »

My son has a pair which he got off Noël Cloney a few years ago. They are a large and heavy stand mounter with beryllium midrange and tweeter and a 12 inch bass unit.They are really excellent. All the drivers integrate in a seamless manner. Bass is powerful but tight and well controlled. Midrange is open and very detailed. Hi frequency is clear and revealing. They present a wide and deep soundstage. I think they cost about €800 at the time.
They don't need huge power to drive them. The amps used with them are a EAR 834l pre amp with Mullard valves, into a Classe DR2 25w class A power amp. There has never been any problems.the system can be driven so loud you would have to leave the room, so have never run out of power.
They have also been tried with a GamuT D200mk111 200w power amp which drove them without issue.
As I have said they are revealing so should be matched with good quality equipment.
tcrosby

Post by tcrosby »

Thanks lads looking for a pair heard them recently sound really impressive