All new Guess the Album....!!!

markof

Re: All new Guess the Album....!!!

Post by markof »

For the curious, here are the covers:

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

Nice of you to do the covers Mark. When I originally started up the GTLP thread back on the Cloney Forum as a raw newbie I always insisted that the covers should be posted. Makes it far more interesting methinks and it might also introduce/inspire people to check out the music. However in my own case right now it takes far too long to get the photos up therefore it makes more sense to just state the answers which, incidentally, I hate doing. So from now on in I think it would be a better idea to give your answer first then post the image later or, of course, the two together if you can manage it. Just my tuppence worth....

Another thing too is if you're going to put up obscure stuff that very few people have heard of (I've been guilty of that too!) just make sure that the clue is, at least, understandable :)
cybot

Post by cybot »

Right, four to equal Germany's trouncing of Ronaldo and co......Includes at least one German :)

tweber

Post by tweber »

cybot wrote:Nice of you to do the covers Mark. When I originally started up the GTLP thread back on the Cloney Forum as a raw newbie I always insisted that the covers should be posted. Makes it far more interesting methinks and it might also introduce/inspire people to check out the music. However in my own case right now it takes far too long to get the photos up therefore it makes more sense to just state the answers which, incidentally, I hate doing. So from now on in I think it would be a better idea to give your answer first then post the image later or, of course, the two together if you can manage it. Just my tuppence worth....

Another thing too is if you're going to put up obscure stuff that very few people have heard of (I've been guilty of that too!) just make sure that the clue is, at least, understandable :)
If possible, it's a good idea alright to post the full cover - it took me a good while to get to grips with photobucket so understand if it takes a bit of time after posting the answers though.
markof

Post by markof »

tweber wrote:
cybot wrote:Nice of you to do the covers Mark. When I originally started up the GTLP thread back on the Cloney Forum as a raw newbie I always insisted that the covers should be posted. Makes it far more interesting methinks and it might also introduce/inspire people to check out the music. However in my own case right now it takes far too long to get the photos up therefore it makes more sense to just state the answers which, incidentally, I hate doing. So from now on in I think it would be a better idea to give your answer first then post the image later or, of course, the two together if you can manage it. Just my tuppence worth....

If possible, it's a good idea alright to post the full cover - it took me a good while to get to grips with photobucket so understand if it takes a bit of time after posting the answers though.
I found the full covers pretty easy to do. Here's the process:
Open a second window or tab into http://www.allmusic.com - they have a good repository of covers.
Search for the album in question and click on the cover to embiggen it (their terminology).
Right-click on the enlarged image and select "copy image" from the pop-up menu.
When back in a Tir na HiFi forum box, select the url button and paste in there and voila the cover appears in the previewed and submitted versions.
No need to scan or upload anything to an intermediary and it only takes seconds.
Hope this helps.
Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
tweber

Post by tweber »

#3 Midlake , the courage of others?

#2 Looks like Pink Floyd but probably isn't
tweber

Post by tweber »

markof wrote:
tweber wrote:

I found the full covers pretty easy to do. Here's the process:
Open a second window or tab into http://www.allmusic.com - they have a good repository of covers.
Search for the album in question and click on the cover to embiggen it (their terminology).
Right-click on the enlarged image and select "copy image" from the pop-up menu.
When back in a Tir na HiFi forum box, select the url button and paste in there and voila the cover appears in the previewed and submitted versions.
No need to scan or upload anything to an intermediary and it only takes seconds.
Hope this helps.
Mark.
Thanks Mark
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thanks Mark too. The only issue I have is the uploading process which is tedious to say the least. Thankfully everything else is fine....
cybot

Post by cybot »

tweber wrote:#3 Midlake , the courage of others?

#2 Looks like Pink Floyd but probably isn't
Sorry Shane. I'll do the clues later ok.....
markof

Post by markof »

cybot wrote:Thanks Mark too. The only issue I have is the uploading process which is tedious to say the least. Thankfully everything else is fine....
No uploading needed using the url/paste method - unless the cover is not online of course.