MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: MQN

Post by jesuscheung »

tony wrote:None of the latest avx's working for me. Looks like all is well but no sound. sse's working fine.
4.09 sounds great but being honest 3.14avx upwards any of the good ones work fine for me. It is a case of listening for long enough to decide if the avx's are just to detailed for long term listening. Unfortunately not enough time to do this.

what is the best control for 3.14 avx?

i still uses sima66's recommendation of control 2.97. seems like the best one

the only thing i dislike about avx is that it smooths the sound (put jitters into mellow form). otherwise, yes, i cannot complain.

on the other hand, have avx2 CPU would have different experience.
tony

Post by tony »

Thanks Aleg. Dumbo question as I am too lazy to trawl back. Using your set up which is great may I add, do I leave the mqnplay as is when creating a new folder for new versions? I believe that is the case as any attempt to delete that and pop it back in by shortening the play.exe of the new version just doesn't work.

I am using the version included with Alegs set up never changed it. I think it is the 2.97?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

tony wrote:Thanks Aleg. Dumbo question as I am too lazy to trawl back. Using your set up which is great may I add, do I leave the mqnplay as is when creating a new folder for new versions? I believe that is the case as any attempt to delete that and pop it back in by shortening the play.exe of the new version just doesn't work.

I am using the version included with Alegs set up never changed it. I think it is the 2.97?
Tony
I have a bit of difficulty understanding your question.

When creating a new folder for a new version, you copy
-paste.exe
-param.txt
- file1.txt
-Files.txt
- a suitable mqncontrol.exe (set 'run as administrator checkbox')
- mqn.bat / mqn-aff.bat / 448.bat / set448.reg (or something like that I'm recalling from memory)
- "mqnplay1644.exe 24 512 and whatever version characters" and rename that to "mqnplay1644.exe"
DON'T SHORTEN IT TO MQNPLAY.EXE !!!! Because that is done by the mqncontrol.exe and yours will be overwritten.

That should do the trick (except for avx 4.05 and avx4.08 ;-))
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Listening to 4.08 avx again this morning as a reality check and it still sounds amazing, detail crew will love it, analogue crew may find it too detailed but the soundstage is so real and alive it is like the performers are in the room with attitude.

If it helps for me I have been renaming all Mqnplay versions like this on my Win7 Ultimate PC after download before transferring to my audio PC:
Take mqnplay1644.exe 24 bit 4.08 512 avx
Rename to mqnplay.exe 1644 24 bit 4.09 512 avx

I then place this in to Mqnload on my Audio PC with all my other versions and select with Alt+Space.
I do not plan to try 4.09 avx as there is more than enough detail and treble with 4.08 avx, maybe it is due to the Haswell processor or all the hardware mods but plenty of high end on 4.08 avx here.

Looking to some more listening this evening and will try different MqnControls.

Post by nige2000 »

Pearse can u upload your working 4.08 Avx folder please
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

You hope the goodness from Pearse will make it run with you as well? :-)

If it does, you can send me a copy too!

BTW
The renaming that Pearse applies only is needed for those using MQNLoad!!!

Cheers

Aleg
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
tony

Post by tony »

Aleg wrote: Tony

-paste.exe
-param.txt
- file1.txt
-Files.txt
- mqn.bat / mqn-aff.bat / 448.bat / set448.reg (or something like that I'm recalling from memory)
- "mqnplay1644.exe 24 512 and whatever version characters" and rename that to "mqnplay1644.exe"
DON'T SHORTEN IT TO MQNPLAY.EXE !!!! Because that is done by the mqncontrol.exe and yours will be overwritten.

Well I have difficult understanding myself also but I always resolve it after some wine and chocs.
I just copy the entire previous folder drop in the new play.exe and then shorten it to mqnplay 1644.exe.
From what you are saying we are in agreement leave the existing mqnplay.exe alone ?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:You hope the goodness from Pearse will make it run with you as well? :-)

If it does, you can send me a copy too!

BTW
The renaming that Pearse applies only is needed for those using MQNLoad!!!

Cheers

Aleg
Haven't even tried anything yet
Eager to get started with this one sounds a bit more up my street
Just gathering together the war tools
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

tony wrote:
Aleg wrote: Tony

-paste.exe
-param.txt
- file1.txt
-Files.txt

Well I have difficult understanding myself also but I always resolve it after some wine and chocs.
I just copy the entire previous folder drop in the new play.exe and then shorten it to mqnplay 1644.exe.
From what you are saying we are in agreement leave the existing mqnplay.exe alone ?
Yes, you can leave the mqnplay.exe as is, because each time you start mqn it will be overwritten with the current "mqnplay 1644" or "mqnplay 2496" version depending on sample rate of your music files.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:Listening to 4.08 avx again this morning as a reality check and it still sounds amazing, detail crew will love it, analogue crew may find it too detailed but the soundstage is so real and alive it is like the performers are in the room with attitude.

If it helps for me I have been renaming all Mqnplay versions like this on my Win7 Ultimate PC after download before transferring to my audio PC:
Take mqnplay1644.exe 24 bit 4.08 512 avx
Rename to mqnplay.exe 1644 24 bit 4.09 512 avx

I then place this in to Mqnload on my Audio PC with all my other versions and select with Alt+Space.
I do not plan to try 4.09 avx as there is more than enough detail and treble with 4.08 avx, maybe it is due to the Haswell processor or all the hardware mods but plenty of high end on 4.08 avx here.

Looking to some more listening this evening and will try different MqnControls.
Anymore comment about the vocals ?