MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 4.01, would be happy to settle on this one, detail, bass, dynamics without harshness. could almost be delicate. am drinking toscana rosso, is that close enough to chianti ?
Absolutely agree settle on that one and give us some hires versions!
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

4.01 version announced on the 401 page!
The stars are aligned! This must be "the one"! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded 4.01, would be happy to settle on this one, detail, bass, dynamics without harshness. could almost be delicate. am drinking toscana rosso, is that close enough to chianti ?
is that after double blind abx listening or are you just desperate for hirez ?
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:
It is like a bad dream but I am convinced now DBT abxd is the only way(must have a persecution complex) but the truth is I am desperate to have one of the current favorites that can play all.
Some of the good hires stuff is great for testing for me anyway.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

i'm convinced dbx is a waste of time, the only way to judge is listening to different music over a period of time. this rules out changes to hearing, mood, time, physiological effects etc.

before a hirez version there are 2 further versions which are the only other possible options for the code. 4.03 and 4.04, so need to settle on 4.01, 4.03 or 4.04. 4.04 is closest to 3.14.

think 4.04 is the one.
Fujak

Post by Fujak »

Hi Gordon, since in my ears the avx-versions all have better resolution (especially 3.14 avx and 3.57 avx 128) than sse2-versions I hope that you could upload an avx-version for the 4.x versions. Is there any chance for that? Kind regards. Fujak
PC: i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, WS 2012 R2 (64bit) RAM loaded, AO | DDC: XMOS-WaveIO
10MHz-Master-Clock: Morion MV89 | Reclocker-Cascade: 3x Mutec MC-3+ | DAC: Audio-GD Master 7
Preamp: Audio-GD Master 1 | Speaker: Adam Tensor Epsilon | Sub: Teufel M11000 THX II
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:i'm convinced dbx is a waste of time, the only way to judge is listening to different music over a period of time. this rules out changes to hearing, mood, time, physiological effects etc.

before a hirez version there are 2 further versions which are the only other possible options for the code. 4.03 and 4.04, so need to settle on 4.01, 4.03 or 4.04. 4.04 is closest to 3.14.

think 4.04 is the one.
What is suggested control(s) for these versions?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:i'm convinced dbx is a waste of time, the only way to judge is listening to different music over a period of time. this rules out changes to hearing, mood, time, physiological effects etc.

think 4.04 is the one.
Absolutely the only people who demand this have no real interest in listening or exploring anything.
The hobby is the circular thread. It would seem PFM must make a profit from the traffic as no serious forum would tolerate it. It seems to be tacitly encouraged which is fair enough if that is how the owner wants to run his forum. Now selecting 4.04 is expectation bias but as we know here the tribe don't always agree with your choices they have a mind of their own!
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:
Surely rhetorical

What's the instruction set of this bunch or do we guess?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sse4