MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Sligolad

Re: MQN

Post by Sligolad »

Wehaaayy...now time for some serious comparisons to focus minds :-))

Can everyone post the MQN Control they use for testing as well.
All starting to sound very similar to me after lots of changing this evening so I will go at it in earnest tomorrow evening again.

Post by sima66 »

Sligolad wrote:Wehaaayy...now time for some serious comparisons to focus minds :-))

Can everyone post the MQN Control they use for testing as well.
All starting to sound very similar to me after lots of changing this evening so I will go at it in earnest tomorrow evening again.
I still use "Aleg's package"! :))))))
That one sound the best to me. Before that I used mqncontrol 1024.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
m5lig

Post by m5lig »

Each time sbgk takes us to a new place it feels like we've arrived at some beautiful final destination. And then he takes us on another, and another.

I'm listening to Hannah Reid of London Grammar and it sounds ........ Holographic......amazing.
Absolutely stunning .

OS Unmodified server R2
Control 1.6
Play. 1644 3.39 AVX
Ppang v1 usb card
SoTM usb/ spdif converter
Asrock z87m extreme4, i5 4670K, winserver2012 R2, paul pang usb card v1, sotm dx usb, minidsp 4x10 Hd, rotel 1066 amps, linkwitz LX521 speakers.
Clive

Post by Clive »

sima66 wrote: I still use "Aleg's package"! :))))))
I use Aleg's setup too. I've not managed to work out which control it uses.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Clive wrote:
sima66 wrote: I still use "Aleg's package"! :))))))
I use Aleg's setup too. I've not managed to work out which control it uses.
It's the control from the 2.97.zip package.
I don't know if that's the same as 1.6 or not

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I use Alegs package also as it finally got me going with Tasker and I did find that 3.14avx sounded better with the tasker implementation.
Made a few changes since then to allow more experimentation, first off adding the latest MQNLaod in the folder which allows adding the link to the BAT file which can also be hidden by MQNLoad.
I have the codecs in there as well so I can play FLAC files without issues.
Also added several versions of Registry values in separate files which can be called up be just editing the number value in the registry bat file, been running 352 value lately over 448....not at my PC now but I think those values are close.
It requires a new simpler bat file and Aleg posted the bulk of what that requires recently, the only change I made was to change the locations of Tasker and bat file to the same folder instead of C:

Adding .exe after MQNPlay in the filenames on all the recent versions of MQN allows quick changes to different versions of MQN in MQNLoad for comparison.
Finally was using MQNControl 2.97 recently but changed to 512 in MQNLoad last night and did not hear any negative impact but more listening required.

If we have reached the end of this phase of MQN development then I am willing to help out with a write up with pictures on how to implement the above because I remember only too well that it was not an easy journey and I am not the most software literate so just about hanging on to the coat tails of the masters here.

Great work by Gordon, Christoph and Aleg has made life with CA so much better recently!!
Cheers, Pearse.

Post by nige2000 »

It's a pity 3.39 avx 2 isn't working for most guys
It's only working without tasker here but it's great

Maybe another crack at an avx ?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Clive

Post by Clive »

nige2000 wrote:It's a pity 3.39 avx 2 isn't working for most guys
It's only working without tasker here but it's great

Maybe another crack at an avx ?
I've not tried 3.39 avx 2 but I do run the vanilla 3.39 avx with Tasker without any issues other than my usual EnableLUA hassle. Considering the problems I had running avx originally when many others could run it; it's surprising others are struggling with it. There has to be something weird about the Windows avx implementation.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

listened to 3.41 sse2, like it quite a lot, anyone else tried it ? Lively presentation without being harsh and amazing detail.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

sbgk wrote:listened to 3.41 sse2, like it quite a lot, anyone else tried it ? Lively presentation without being harsh and amazing detail.
3.39's treble is shinier, mellower, hence, seems as though 3.41 has more details. i think they are the same in resolution.
clarity between instruments seems better with 3.39.
3.41 seems better focus coz background music is quieter.

very difficult to choose between the two.
prefer 3.39 has a good bass layer in treble