MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:what does it make a kazoo sound like ?
Gordon
Did you find any diferences between avx 3.39 version 1 and avx 3.39 version 2 that could create this distortion?

I would hate to lose a distortion free avx as I find avx still better than any sse2. Frankly I cannot understand how anyone could prefer an sse2 over an avx. Life performances are much nicer than flattened and direct recordings aren't they?

Cheers

Aleg

I checked the 2 code and it was the same as the sse2 versions, no one else seems to have a problem.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 3.41 sse2, seems to have lots of energy
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello 3daudio,
you listen to too much Lisssssszzz Wright. Get yourself a second CD. -:))
I sent you my account for payment, thanks for help to buy next CD.

Chonchita Wurst is my favourit.

Karl
tony

Post by tony »

I think the non CA guys are getting lonely you all need to post 3 times in the general area for every one post in CA thread. BY ORDER OF LOCAL MANAGEMENT
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:what does it make a kazoo sound like ?
Gordon
Did you find any diferences between avx 3.39 version 1 and avx 3.39 version 2 that could create this distortion?

I would hate to lose a distortion free avx as I find avx still better than any sse2. Frankly I cannot understand how anyone could prefer an sse2 over an avx. Life performances are much nicer than flattened and direct recordings aren't they?

Cheers

Aleg

I checked the 2 code and it was the same as the sse2 versions, no one else seems to have a problem.
There have been problems before with certain drivers. Then it was with prefetches that did work OK on Amanero-drivers but did not work Thesycon drivers.
It is likely IMHO that it is again something like this that is causing distortion on certain gear.

So it is strange that avx 3.39 v1 and avx 3.39 V2 are the same code as one is running without any issue at all and the other is heavily distorted. So if the source code is equal than compilation and binding has not been the same.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Aleg wrote:
There have been problems before with certain drivers. Then it was with prefetches that did work OK on Amanero-drivers but did not work Thesycon drivers.
It is likely IMHO that it is again something like this that is causing distortion on certain gear.

So it is strange that avx 3.39 v1 and avx 3.39 V2 are the same code as one is running without any issue at all and the other is heavily distorted. So if the source code is equal than compilation and binding has not been the same.

Cheers

Aleg[/quote]

I didn't say v1 and v2 were the same, I said v2 was the correct version, don't know what v1 was.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:

Cheers

Aleg
I didn't say v1 and v2 were the same, I said v2 was the correct version, don't know what v1 was.
Easy, MORE correct than V2 because V1 works!
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Afraid I am an SSE convert now but I obviously have no idea what sounds good anymore as I had been jumping around latest sse and avx versions this evening after finding some of the latest versions sounding a little too forced and particularly the avx versions.
Then I stumble on 3.40sse and I am enjoying the music again....now I go to look in the directory and it has already been consigned to the archive!!

Think I will just go and enjoy 3.40 for a while, its got all the details and dynamics but yet has an easy flow which works great for me right now.

Think the end may be near now but then again maybe not.....

Post by darkpink »

I compared w8.1 and r2 last week both fresh installs no os tweaks, just bios tweaks. I swiched back to r2 after a couple of hours, r2 has much less noise, 8.1 sounded harsh. Reminded me of the comparison between foobar and mqn I did some time ago. Maybe 8.1 is better when its fully optimized?
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:Afraid I am an SSE convert now but I obviously have no idea what sounds good anymore as I had been jumping around latest sse and avx versions this evening after finding some of the latest versions sounding a little too forced and particularly the avx versions.
Then I stumble on 3.40sse and I am enjoying the music again....now I go to look in the directory and it has already been consigned to the archive!!

Think I will just go and enjoy 3.40 for a while, its got all the details and dynamics but yet has an easy flow which works great for me right now.

Think the end may be near now but then again maybe not.....
well, that's your lot, decide which sse2 version is best and see if we agree.