MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:uploaded 3.37, worth the donation just for this version alone. Phenomenal.

think that's it for mqnplay. shall do the other versions and there is some work to do on control.
uploaded 3.37 24/96, 24/96 is my favourite - exactly 10 ms period, aligned to 128 bytes, doesn't take too long to load and buffer size not too big 5760 bytes. whatever the debates about hirez 24/96 sounds very good.
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

This is by far the biggest improvement I've ever heard in MQn history! I think that the polishing of the capstone have begun, well done!
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded 3.37, worth the donation just for this version alone. Phenomenal.

think that's it for mqnplay. shall do the other versions and there is some work to do on control.
uploaded 3.37 24/96, 24/96 is my favourite - exactly 10 ms period, aligned to 128 bytes, doesn't take too long to load and buffer size not too big 5760 bytes. whatever the debates about hirez 24/96 sounds very good.
I am catching up after hibernating, so I'm wondering what control goes with 3.37 versions?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

cvrle59 wrote:
sbgk wrote:

I am catching up after hibernating, so I'm wondering what control goes with 3.37 versions?
Hi Cvrle 59

I too have taken a short break while I completed my DIY 12inch 3 way active speakers
Bring on the tunes.

If it helps ---- I'm no expert here......
I'm using version mqncontrol 24 10ms 1.6 window.
It works.... not sure it is the ideal file though.
I'm sure someone will confirm

Cheers SBGK...
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Hi SBJK

3.37 plays music.... but I get an error message directly under the track name

' ERROR: Access is denied '

Any ideas what this would be, do others get this message
Cheers
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

2channelaudio wrote:Hi SBJK

Cheers
Set the "Run this program as Administrator" checkboxes on mqncontrol and mqnplay1644/2496/ etc

MY guess is that there is not sufficient authorisation to replace the mqnplay.exe

cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

all these issues with right can also be due to lack of vs2013 being installed.

simply installing ms C++ redistributables only gets you production environment at best. (that's why business side sometimes complains things don't work while things work perfectly with developers)

vs2013 gets you the exact environment sbgk is at.

i use 8.1 home + local account(not admin) + enableLUA=0, i can play all avx versions except for 100000. 100000 truly has expired

(of course, if you were aleg you weren't get passed your head with all the extra junks being installed hehehe. always need a logical reason or else all confidence drops hehehe)
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

Aleg wrote:

Cheers
Set the "Run this program as Administrator" checkboxes on mqncontrol and mqnplay1644/2496/ etc

MY guess is that there is not sufficient authorisation to replace the mqnplay.exe

cheers

Aleg
Aleg what do you mean replace the mqnplay.exe?
I only have one mqnplay.exe file in the musicplayer dir (renamed from original), mqn.bat, paste.exe, mqncontrol.exe (renamed from original)

Am i missing something?
I'll try running as administrator
cheers
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

2channelaudio wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Cheers

cheers

Aleg
Aleg what do you mean replace the mqnplay.exe?
I only have one mqnplay.exe file in the musicplayer dir (renamed from original), mqn.bat, paste.exe, mqncontrol.exe (renamed from original)

Am i missing something?
I'll try running as administrator
cheers
Aleg,

I can happily report if I run the mqn.bat as administrator no error messages appear.
This is a little weird because the older versions on MQN did not have this issue.

I will need to research if I can default a file to automatically run as administrator...
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Cheers
2channelaudio

Post by 2channelaudio »

thanks all sorted
set files in compatibility mode to run as administrator.

thanks Aleg