For Sale - Audioplan Kontrast 3

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
halvis

For Sale - Audioplan Kontrast 3

Post by halvis »

Reviewed very favourably by Roy Gregory (hifi plus) these Audioplan Kontrast speakers are very rare and special.

They have had brand new woofers installed last year and have only been used for a few hours since.

I now have these installed in my system powered with my ATC SIA-2 150 amp. They sound much, much larger than there physical size suggests, throwing out a really wide and extraordinarily vivid soundstage. Bass is really extended and treble is really sweet, but the mid range is to die for. They also look amazing in the flesh, the finish is outstanding, they look as new really, the finish on the cabinets is the best I have ever seen, way above that of my ATC SCM35's. Seriously, you could listen to these forever and not get bored or fatigued by them, they are that good.

€1400.

Image of entire system to put their size in perspective -

Serial no. - 2si3012

thanks,

Jon
Last edited by halvis on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
halvis

Re: For Sale - Audioplan Kontrast 3 Loudspeakers

Post by halvis »

Open to any sensible offers
halvis

Re: For Sale - Audioplan Kontrast 3 Loudspeakers

Post by halvis »

Now priced to sell at €1400.
Last edited by halvis on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halvis

Re: For Sale - Audioplan Kontrast 3 or ATC SCM 35 Speakers

Post by halvis »

Bump
halvis

Re: For Sale - Audioplan Kontrast 3

Post by halvis »

Bump
cybot

Post by cybot »

Sorry but I have to ask: what caused the previous woofers to blow? Still it's a very,very reasonable price you're selling them for....very tempting indeed. Best of luck with the sale.
Last edited by cybot on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Will someone please buy these? Awesome sounding speaker - and fantastic value......
Do or do not, there is no try
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

seconded. Derek had a pair for quite a while and they were the dog's danglies. They don't look as if they perform but they have an absolutely lovely sound. Serious bargain there.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Aw,lads please stop. Are they really that good? I believe they sound very Quad like but with decent bass....
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

If I had the spare change, these would be going in my place.
Do or do not, there is no try