What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
DaveF

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by DaveF »

Soundtrack to "Once upon a Time in the West". Delighted to get this one on vinyl at last. Very surprised to come across it in Borderline today.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:Image

Soundtrack to "Once upon a Time in the West". Delighted to get this one on vinyl at last. Very surprised to come across it in Borderline today.
Yeeaahh :) Good man Dave, you are in for a treat. Wait 'til you hear a real slow Red House burn up the carpet :) BTW did you see the Jimi Hendrix Singles Collection? The one with the puppet sleeve? Fran is interested. Also did you see the original Electric Ladyland Lp too...Finally what did you think of the triple Sgt Pepper Lp outtakes.They were looking for €70.00?!?!?!
That's a terrific soundtrack you got too :)
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

cybot wrote:......did you see the Jimi Hendrix Singles Collection? The one with the puppet sleeve? Fran is interested. Also did you see the original Electric Ladyland Lp too...Finally what did you think of the triple Sgt Pepper Lp outtakes.They were looking for €70.00?!?!?!
to be honest I had very little time in Borderline. I just nipped in and looked for the '...Winterland' Lp and then had a quick glance in the soundtracks section. Noticed a few Bowie Lps too which I'll get back to.
I'll be away from tomorrow on for a week or so I'll check out the rest when I get back.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

[quote="DaveF
to be honest I had very little time in Borderline. I just nipped in and looked for the '...Winterland' Lp and then had a quick glance in the soundtracks section. Noticed a few Bowie Lps too which I'll get back to.
I'll be away from tomorrow on for a week or so I'll check out the rest when I get back.[/quote]

Enjoy your week anyway :)
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

So, these guys arrived today:

Should be nice to try out the amp I borrowed yesterday...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Derek

Post by Derek »

Diapason wrote:Should be nice to try out the amp I borrowed yesterday...
OK I'll bite.
What amp did you borrow?
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:
OK I'll bite.
What amp did you borrow?

Ok... who had Derek in the sweepstake?
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Derek wrote:
OK I'll bite.
What amp did you borrow?
Heh.

I borrowed the little Synthesis Shine from the pre-owned section. Initial tests are promising...
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Just got back from the city...

Original issue and for pittance :)

My first Blu-ray!It was the only copy left!

Original American pressing!

A beautiful Doxy triple box set with full lyrics plus maaaaassssive poster = heaven :)

Arrived in the post from Boomkat. Max Richter's new 'Infra' album...
Last edited by cybot on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tony

Post by tony »

funny I was checking that out that amp as I thought it would be a reasonable priced entry point. It costs a lot lot more new than the pre owned price from what I could see. If it sounds nice it would seem to be a bit of a steal. looks nice as well
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.