MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
m5lig

Re: MQN

Post by m5lig »

Clive,

Very nice setup and well taken photos too. So as to not derail this thread is your system described elsewhere?
Asrock z87m extreme4, i5 4670K, winserver2012 R2, paul pang usb card v1, sotm dx usb, minidsp 4x10 Hd, rotel 1066 amps, linkwitz LX521 speakers.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

there was an incorrect setting with 2.33

uploaded 2.34 and 2.35, think 2.35 is better, hopefully I can use this tweak for the other sample rates
taggart

Post by taggart »

darkpink wrote:How do you guys get tasker.exe to work, it just shuts down immediately for me. And is audiophils optimizer worth the money when you use mqn? Thanks
Thank you sbgk for your great work!
Tasker is a command line program. To see syntax rules you need to open console window first (cmd.exe), go to the directory tasker.exe is stored in and type "tasker".
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

taggart wrote:
darkpink wrote:How do you guys get tasker.exe to work, it just shuts down immediately for me. And is audiophils optimizer worth the money when you use mqn? Thanks
Thank you sbgk for your great work!
Tasker is a command line program. To see syntax rules you need to open console window first (cmd.exe), go to the directory tasker.exe is stored in and type "tasker".
Aha, I'll try that, thanks.
Clive

Post by Clive »

m5lig wrote:Clive,

Very nice setup and well taken photos too. So as to not derail this thread is your system described elsewhere?
Thanks. Replied via PM.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Clive wrote:
m5lig wrote:Clive,

Thanks. Replied via PM.
I'd be interested in that too :)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded R2.37, perhaps the lowest noise version (for 16/44 only), fantastic controlled bass.

Don't know what turntable it'll be compared to.
Clive

Post by Clive »

sbgk wrote:uploaded R2.37, perhaps the lowest noise version (for 16/44 only), fantastic controlled bass.

How about a TT with a magnetic bearing? You have your s/w techniques for lowering noise...mechanical devices need their own techniques.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded R2.37, perhaps the lowest noise version (for 16/44 only), fantastic controlled bass.

How about a TT with a magnetic bearing? You have your s/w techniques for lowering noise...mechanical devices need their own techniques.
read about the magnetic tonearm, said it was a bit unstable if knocked.

If I was doing a TT it would be a supercooled floating magnetic bearing platter powered by an induction motor in a vacuum, how hard can it be.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 2.39, also control for 2.39, only 16/44 plays. Idea is that the data is held in 4k blocks even though it is 10ms period.

It is very quiet, had to turn the volume up, don't know if that's an issue or due to lack of noise.