MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
darkpink

Re: MQN

Post by darkpink »

Sligolad wrote:
darkpink wrote: Btw, no crackling on my setup WS2012R2 on any MQn version, the only time I would get crackling where when I used AP-Linux and lowered the frames/periods too much, on 512 it was working fine.
Which version/versions of MQNControl did you use?
I use the newest, sure sounds very good.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded sse2 R2.9, gone back to 512 samples, so use the 512 control. Of course, it's the latest and greatest.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded sse2 R2.9, gone back to 512 samples, so use the 512 control. Of course, it's the latest and greatest.
:'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):'):')
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

I have just spent the last couple of hours listening to AVX 3.6 and it sounds very good....forget micro detail.....Nano detail and lots of layers.
I should point out that I put my Power and Pre amps with all of 24 valves in to hibernation over a week ago for the summer so I am running balanced into a Solid State Integrated Primare amp.
Certainly do not think we need any more resolving power from MQN and everything is very clean and defined, thought some of the recent versions were "trying too hard" but enjoying SSE2 2.5 and AVX 3.6 this evening.

Need to spend a few more days listening now that all versions are now working with no crackles to see which one is best for me.
Great Work!

Post by sbgk »

Sligolad wrote:I have just spent the last couple of hours listening to AVX 3.6 and it sounds very good....forget micro detail.....Nano detail and lots of layers.
I should point out that I put my Power and Pre amps with all of 24 valves in to hibernation over a week ago for the summer so I am running balanced into a Solid State Integrated Primare amp.
Certainly do not think we need any more resolving power from MQN and everything is very clean and defined, thought some of the recent versions were "trying too hard" but enjoying SSE2 2.5 and AVX 3.6 this evening.

Need to spend a few more days listening now that all versions are now working with no crackles to see which one is best for me.
Great Work!
a bit cheeky to comment on Tony's setup, I now think he was right about lack of detail.

It seems to take a few days for the true nature of a version to come out, when working with it so closely.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:uploaded sse2 R2.9, gone back to 512 samples, so use the 512 control. Of course, it's the latest and greatest.
back to 10ms, sse2 R2.11 probably state of the art.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sbgk wrote:
back to 10ms, sse2 R2.11 probably state of the art.
:):)
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
taggart

Post by taggart »

Aleg wrote:That worked!

I now changed the mqn.bat like this:

Replaced the cd <path> command with

Code: Select all

Set rundir=%cd%

Which stores the current working directory.

Then to each file and command I appended this: %rundir%\
Like:

%rundir%\mqncontrol.exe --file %rundir%\Files.txt
This way I can make a copy of this file without having to change the cd <path> (so I can't forget either) and it will always use the local files and commands.

Cheers

aleg
As mqnload.bat is dynamically created each time you hit hotkey it's not necessary here, but good solution to use variables in original mqn.bat!
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

taggart wrote:
Aleg wrote:That worked!

I now changed the mqn.bat like this:

Replaced the cd <path> command with

Set rundir=%cd%

Which stores the current working directory.

Then to each file and command I appended this: %rundir%\
Like:

%rundir%\mqncontrol.exe --file %rundir%\Files.txt
This way I can make a copy of this file without having to change the cd <path> (so I can't forget either) and it will always use the local files and commands.

Cheers

aleg
As mqnload.bat is dynamically created each time you hit hotkey it's not necessary here, but good solution to use variables in original mqn.bat!

I know, but I want to be able to apply tasker commands after running mqncontrol and I can't do that when using mqnload, unless I call mqnload from within a batch that comtinues to run tasker.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote: I know, but I want to be able to apply tasker commands after running mqncontrol and I can't do that when using mqnload, unless I call mqnload from within a batch that comtinues to run tasker.

Cheers

Aleg
id be interested in that too