MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:
nige2000 wrote:i missed a few between 2.3 and 3.6 avx
and 2.3 and 2.8 sse2

2.3's are better in both cases
Nigel

Do you get the 2.3 to run so you can listen to music? In my case the crackling is so bad there is hardly any music coming through.

Do you have a preference for either sse2 or avx?
I find them very different in sound signature.

Cheers

Aleg
i only have crackling for a few seconds on these versions usually sorts itself out by 15 secs
even through the crackling and distortion i can hear aspects that are better than the newer versions then assured when sound come out right

avx has more detail and agility speed/flow (newer versions inhibit this)

sse2 2.3 might be the best sse2 without the crackling
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

Does it matter if you get one of those meicords ehternetcables if you use MQn?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

darkpink wrote:Does it matter if you get one of those meicords ehternetcables if you use MQn?
there good but what u need them for?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

nige2000 wrote:
darkpink wrote:Does it matter if you get one of those meicords ehternetcables if you use MQn?
I would use it from NAS to audioPC. Option 2 would be a internal music disc, wondered if it matters so much if you use MQN, got any xp on this?

Btw, no crackling on my setup WS2012R2 on any MQn version, the only time I would get crackling where when I used AP-Linux and lowered the frames/periods too much, on 512 it was working fine.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

darkpink wrote:
nige2000 wrote:
I would use it from NAS to audioPC. Option 2 would be a internal music disc, wondered if it matters so much if you use MQN, got any xp on this?

Btw, no crackling on my setup WS2012R2 on any MQn version, the only time I would get crackling where when I used AP-Linux and lowered the frames/periods too much, on 512 it was working fine.
ive no experience with meicord and nas dunno
id imagine some guys over on jplay might have tried it
sima66

Post by sima66 »

darkpink wrote:
nige2000 wrote:

Since sata cables mater with SSD's, I'm assuming that better Ethernet cable will be an improvement for NAS also. Some people even use LAN Isolators on top of good LAN cables. I had AR LAN cable and AR LAN Isolator when I had two PC setup (between PC's).
The point is simple, you want to get the data (files) from point A to point B, as clean as possible! The better cabling, the better results. Shorter also better.
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

darkpink wrote: Btw, no crackling on my setup WS2012R2 on any MQn version, the only time I would get crackling where when I used AP-Linux and lowered the frames/periods too much, on 512 it was working fine.
Which version/versions of MQNControl did you use?

Post by Aleg »

taggart wrote:
Aleg wrote:In my setup also using the 100000 control recommended by Pearse needs MQNload to start the avx 2.5/3.6 versions. No sound when using direct mqn.bat startup.Aleg
Aleg, good to hear that works with MQnLoad for you, but if it does it really should do WITHOUT MQnLoad.exe too. MQnLoad doesn't change nothing concerning MQnPlay/MQnControl. It only prepares things for convenience and the latest step it does, is creating a batch file similar to original mqn.bat and starting it. Thereafter MQnLoad.exe is terminated and as so, it should not effect sound output at all.

The batch file created by MQnLoad can be found here:
"C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\MQnLoad\mqnload.cmd"

Maybe try to start it directly and/or compare it to the original Mqn.bat.

Hi Taggart

I tried again via the standard mqn.bat. Wouldn't give sound.

Then used the full command from mqnload.cmd and that would give sound.
The only difference is that 'your' command has the full pathname to both the mqncontrol.exe and the files.txt, but that shouldn't make a difference because both are run from the same local directory and the command window from the mqn.bat does show the right tracks.

I'm going to try to add a full path to the mqn.bat and see if that makes adifference.

------------------
Edit:
That worked!

I now changed the mqn.bat like this:

Replaced the cd <path> command with

Code: Select all

Set rundir=%cd%

Which stores the current working directory.

Then to each file and command I appended this: %rundir%\
Like:

%rundir%\mqncontrol.exe --file %rundir%\Files.txt
This way I can make a copy of this file without having to change the cd <path> (so I can't forget either) and it will always use the local files and commands.

Cheers

aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

I had to switch to full pathnames a good while back
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:I had to switch to full pathnames a good while back

I did not yet have had to do that but I prefixed all files and command with the content of a variable I assign the current directory to like this ( see my previous post I edited)

set rundir=%cd%
%rundir%\mqncontrol.exe --file %rundir%\Files.txt
That works fine

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.