Panasonic Full HD issues

JFK

Panasonic Full HD issues

Post by JFK »

Hi Guys , Bought one of these in Powercity on Friday TX-P42S20L - Developed a thin black line from top to bottom of screen , Brought it back (Excellent customer service ) they replaced it with no quibble .
Got exact same set on Sunday - Same issue occured about 6 hhrs later .
Thin line from top to bottom of screen so have to return it again today .
The TV gives the sharpest picture i have seen in a long time even in SD .
Anyone had same issues ?
Any recomendations for a different TV - Want to stay with plasma if possible
Cheers
John
Diapason

Re: Panasonic Full HD issues

Post by Diapason »

Where on the screen is it, and does it happen with all sources?

There's an issue with some Sky HD boxes (like mine!) where you get a thin band of black or blue pixels at the far right of the screen. I'm assuming what you're talking about is more serious?
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
JFK

Post by JFK »

Hi , Its on all sources and in the middle of the screen
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

God, that must be very annoying.

If you don't get answers here, try asking over on avforums.co.uk.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
JFK

Post by JFK »

Ah Tell me about it , from having to drive to Blanchardstown from Co Meath and get this thing disconnected and back in the box .. Very annoying ..

Must say though Guys at Power City have being excellent ...
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

As far as I know, I think the band problem is the common problem with plasmas - and normally its intermittent, then permanent. I think I read somewhere its to do with the connections at the bottom of the screen.

Could be a bad batch or something?

I'd say you'd want to do a search on the model numbers, see has anyone else reported faults like this and see is it an issue with these ones. If not, then another from a different production run should be ok?

Good luck with it - just be aware that it won't be long before the PC lads start blaming your set-up. Maybe take it out of the box and get them to plug it in before you leave the shop or something?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
JFK

Post by JFK »

Thanks Guys
Only issue is that its 4-9 hrs later before the problem occurs ..
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

That really is annoying, and very puzzling. Sorry I don't have a clue about this problem / defect, Fran seems to have stumbled on a phenonmon which I have never heard of before.

Maybe you could try taking a ex demo model which has been running in the shop for several weeks, although beware of any burn in on the screen if it has been displaying the same logo for a while.

Pity really as I have been very tempted to upgrade to Plasma recently, certainly prices have come down so much.

I was in a TV shop today, there was a 40" Sony LED TV there, picture looked very good, even compared to Panasonic Plasma's, colour and sharpness even looked better, as they were all playing the same demo vid.

Regards,

Adrian.
Let the Good Times Roll...................
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

JFK wrote:Thanks Guys
Only issue is that its 4-9 hrs later before the problem occurs ..
you might ask on www.boards.ie home entertainment too, there's a few guys over there who know the Pannys very well.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JFK

Post by JFK »

Well , I returned the Panny to the shop again , Was going to go for another set but just couldnt face disconnecting and travelling back to the shop if the fault appeared again ,
Left the shop with a 42" LG plasma 600htz . So far Pic is faultless . Very sharp ..

Thanks
John