MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

anyone try R1.1 512 yet ?
tony

Post by tony »

Gordon the functionality you had in the earlier versions of pause skip etc is it possible to put that back in?
Not particularly bothered myself but was posting on another forum and got some response on that and other parts of the program.
My guess is you are just using your available time to tweak and improve while ignoring any of the soft touches.

Is it worthwhile to try and round it off? Please understand I have no idea how much effort or time it would take to do that and whether you think it impacts MQn negatively. One of the lads who I met at Scalford picked up on that and other things and when I identified his forum name and looked back at posts he made previously he seemed to have a good handle on the software code.

BTW He had stacked quads at the scalford show and they were really good(in a grungy way) but played through a basic laptop with foobar.

A lot of the people who liked Pearse's set up at Scalford attributed the quality solely to the Speakers. Mqn was not a factor in their consideration or view. Not surprised really the age profile and preference for lots of them were vinyl. That is not to say there was no interest in the CA side of thinks and some younger lads where querying the software/pc set up and the power regenerator. Definitely music software is non starter on english forums. You would want to be bullet proof and prepared to drop to any level to engage and it is pointless as in the main they just have no interest in it and dismiss it out of hand. C'est La Vie.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:anyone try R1.1 512 yet ?
Is that a new version of it or the one loaded yesterday? If yesterday I tried it and I really like it but some might find it too warm.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:
Is that a new version of it or the one loaded yesterday? If yesterday I tried it and I really like it but some might find it too warm.
new version, uses a build setting that adds a bit of edge back in.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Sorry I'm out for the evening
But did give it a blast earlier
think is going in the right direction
Dunno if 448 would be answer

Boy were awfully picky
100000 seems tad more natural even though I don't consider it better than the r1.1 512
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:
new version, uses a build setting that adds a bit of edge back in.
Should we use the control R1.0 512?
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Yes its 512
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Just when I thought that I had enough surprises for today, you nailed, buddy, you nailed again!!!
I'm in love with new girl in town R1.1 512.

With brief a couple different songs, I can say that R1.1 512 bits v100000 in every aspect. From high to bottom. The highs looks a bit better, but the edge and the bass are unbelievable.

The only thing that this version is missing is the 32 bit in front of the R1.1 512! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded 32 bit play control R1.1 512 versions
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Gordon the functionality you had in the earlier versions of pause skip etc is it possible to put that back in?
Not particularly bothered myself but was posting on another forum and got some response on that and other parts of the program.
My guess is you are just using your available time to tweak and improve while ignoring any of the soft touches.

Is it worthwhile to try and round it off? Please understand I have no idea how much effort or time it would take to do that and whether you think it impacts MQn negatively. One of the lads who I met at Scalford picked up on that and other things and when I identified his forum name and looked back at posts he made previously he seemed to have a good handle on the software code.

BTW He had stacked quads at the scalford show and they were really good(in a grungy way) but played through a basic laptop with foobar.

A lot of the people who liked Pearse's set up at Scalford attributed the quality solely to the Speakers. Mqn was not a factor in their consideration or view. Not surprised really the age profile and preference for lots of them were vinyl. That is not to say there was no interest in the CA side of thinks and some younger lads where querying the software/pc set up and the power regenerator. Definitely music software is non starter on english forums. You would want to be bullet proof and prepared to drop to any level to engage and it is pointless as in the main they just have no interest in it and dismiss it out of hand. C'est La Vie.
The current thinking is that the control program would need to read/adjust the pointer to the data in the play program. This is something I haven't tried to do yet and don't even know if it is possible. Once that is done the rest is ready to be implemented.