Sold: Kharma CRM 3.2 FE's

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Steve

Sold: Kharma CRM 3.2 FE's

Post by Steve »

*** Now Sold ***

Time for a change in my current setup so selling my Kharma's...

Fully spec'd Kharma CRM3.2FE. Colour black and in excellent condition.
Complete with original shipping crates, grills, discs for floor spikes, etc.

Very welcome to hear them in action at my place. Will post pictures shortly.

Please PM if interested...
Last edited by Steve on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
DaveF

Re: FS: Kharma CRM 3.2 FE's

Post by DaveF »

Out of interest what are you replacing them with? Had a pair of those for a while.
Good luck with the sale.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Steve

Post by Steve »

Thanks Dave. To be honest, I'm not quite sure yet!

There's a number of speakers I'd like to hear such as Wilson Sophia 3, Sonus Faber Amati (and mabe the new Olympia's), Avalon Eidolon Diamond, Revel Studio 2's, Kharma dB7, etc...

Some of these mightn't pair so well with my valve mono's as may need a bit more horsepower than the 60 wpc that the JA80's give. And the idea is to see what might become available as ex-dem or pre-owned as current budget is nothing to do with list price of any of these!

So might take a while but fancy a change....
Chord Electronics DAVE - Aesthetix Calypso - Pass Labs XA100.8 - Wilson Audio Alexia - Nordost Quattro Fil/SPM
HiFiFan

Post by HiFiFan »

Hi Steve
Good luck with the sale. I have the Sophia IIIs and really like them. There are not very sensitive so you should definitely try hear them with your amps if you can. That said I think I read that anything 25W and over should be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Sophia IV soon. Wilson recently announced a Sasha II coming out in April.
SonicTransporter Optical i9, Roon, opticalRendu, Sonore Signare LPSU, Chord DAVE, Merrill Audio Element 116 Monoblocs, Wilson Audio Sasha 2
Steve

Post by Steve »

Have copied some pictures below so hopefully image size not too big....

HiFiFan, good to hear that you've had positive experiences with the Sophia's. I'll get to hear them and the Amati Futura's (possibly also the Eidolon Diamonds) at the end of the week so will see how first impressions go..
Last edited by Steve on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Nice spot to be in Steve. Do you know these guys... http://marten.se/blog/category/reviews/ ?

Enjoy the experience.

Terry
Steve

Post by Steve »

Hi Terry, hadn't actually thought of Martin's range recently (for no good reason)... There was a time when myself and another HiFi nut on the forum used to lust after the Coltrane's. Have you had much experience of any of their line?
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Any particular sound that you're looking for Steve? I heard the Amati Futura's in the Munich a few months ago. Granted it was in an unfamiliar system but they did sound pretty good. One thing though is that they didnt have the voicing of the Kharma's and didnt quite sound as coherent. Perhaps that's down to its multi-driver design though. Have to say though they looked absolutely stunning.

The Coltrane's would be in a similar vein to the Kharma's. Different tweeter though.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
terrybites

Post by terrybites »

Sadly Steve, my experience to date of Martens has been limited to footwear. But I live in hope! Would like to get to grips with a pair Django's at some stage.

T
Steve

Post by Steve »

Main reason for considering a change is to see if I can get a larger scale presentation with a deeper, more extended bass without sacrificing the coherence, dynamics and open sound of the Kharma's... Might be a challenge as my room isn't massive but would like to hear what's possible within the constraints of relatively fixed speaker placement.

So interesting to note your comment about coherence of Amati's... Possible issue is that they also may well overpower my room.

But after having enjoyed living with the quick and clean Kharma sound, kinda curious to hear a number of different presentations on the end of my valve setup. Maybe it is just a case of a larger scale version of what the CRM's give but always nice to hear what else is possible..