MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

DJ le Roi wrote:I am back from a few days holiday and I would like to download the latest MQN versions (the last I downloaded were: mqnplay.exe v3 ssse4 200000 and mqncontrol.exe v1 2000000). But, where can I find them? MQNplayer.blogspot seems non-existent anymore.
It appears Gordon removed everything, blogspot and Google-drive in all.

The latest he has released are:
mqncontrol.exe v2 200000.exe v2 200000.exe v2 200000
mqnplay.exe 24 bit v4 hirez sse4 wc win8.1-r2 200000
mqnplay.exe 24 bit v4 hirez sse4 wc win8.1-r2

I stil have those available if you're interested.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

DJ le Roi wrote:I am back from a few days holiday and I would like to download the latest MQN versions (the last I downloaded were: mqnplay.exe v3 ssse4 200000 and mqncontrol.exe v1 2000000). But, where can I find them? MQNplayer.blogspot seems non-existent anymore.
It is strange, but it could be temporarily down for some reason. I just uploaded latest versions of player and control files. You can find a .zip file on this link at google drive.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
darkpink

Post by darkpink »

tony wrote:At long last Gordon has taken on some professional help with developing MQn!
Has he removed the blog because a more finished product is coming to life soon?
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

MQN and JLP Google drive seems to be closed either. What is happening? (BTW I have backed up all MQn and JLP versions on HD)
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
tony

Post by tony »

Hopefully just a renewal of subs or something. Sure he still has to get the functionality of JPlay and Jriver but retain the MQn sound!
Curious to see what people in Scalford show think of it. Pearse's set up will have MQn and I will bring laptop and Ciunas for any interested parties.
Considering some of the punters use VLC, MQn will either shock or scare them or maybe they just wont care or get it.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Gordon didn't remove them physically, he just removed all access authorisations so only he has access to the files now.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Hopefully just a renewal of subs or something. Sure he still has to get the functionality of JPlay and Jriver but retain the MQn sound!
Curious to see what people in Scalford show think of it. Pearse's set up will have MQn and I will bring laptop and Ciunas for any interested parties.
Considering some of the punters use VLC, MQn will either shock or scare them or maybe they just wont care or get it.
Someone was trying to access my account so took it down for a while.

Did you have any preference over which of the 24 bit versions sounded best ?
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Probably the last one released
Can we try a 448 version?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
DJ le Roi

Post by DJ le Roi »

On my audiopc I cannot use MQN higres because it is a SSE2 pc, but on my laptop MQN highres is working now. I put flac.exe in codecs directory (mqnload-see his instructions) and now it is working. Beautiful!
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Hopefully just a renewal of subs or something. Sure he still has to get the functionality of JPlay and Jriver but retain the MQn sound!
Someone was trying to access my account so took it down for a while.

Did you have any preference over which of the 24 bit versions sounded best ?
Work has got in the way Gordon. First night of testing when I got it had me going for the alternate version(untweaked I think) but want to go back and spend more time. Haven't listened for a week and prior to that it was brief snatches.

Some time off this week so will get some listening in.

Are you going to do more with MQn or have a look at the tweakers rash thread?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.