MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:V3 can't play hirez, but it does 16/44 on my setup, and it does it really good.
I am listening as I'm writing and first impression is pretty high, but I don't want to run too fast.
can't understand your 12 minute play of hirez, what is changing to upset it ?
Sorry for confusion, I just didn't want to be too fast to express feelings before I do more listening, just a bad expression on my side.
Actually, I think this is the best version I heard in 16/44 domain so far. Amazing separation, so much air between different instruments and voice, so relaxed.
Last edited by cvrle59 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

listening to fireball album by deep purple 16/44 and it's like the sound is exploding out of the speakers
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:listening to fireball album by deep purple 16/44 and it's like the sound is exploding out of the speakers
Sorry, but you can't leave me in the dust without hirez ability right now. I can only think of it, how good it could be...:(
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sbgk wrote:
Aleg wrote:
sbgk wrote:Have uploaded mqnplay v3 for sse4 win8.1/r2 for use with mqncontrol v1

It's a bit of a revelation, found a few instructions in the assembly code that could be removed and seems to have made a difference. Am confident in saying it's the best version so far, definitely a wow, for me at least. Initial impression is very detailed and very smooth, not digital at all.
Gordon

Mqnplay v3 doesn't play at all in the same manner that the previous 2 versions also didn't work.
This all on Windows 2012 R2 with a non-amanero Diverter HR2 with Thesycon drivers.

Version 2.71 still functions on the same setup.

Cheers

Aleg
not even 16/44 ? Am not going to have any time to work out the issues for a while, so shall pick it up then.

cheers

No, nothing will play at all. It just runs past the mqncontrol without error message and exits the command window.

Cheers
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

sbgk wrote:
tony wrote:Think there a quiet a few missing posts! I couldn't log on earlier and some replies I was going to post to have disappeared.
Will try the latest Version V3. V2 is gone? I think Gordon said there was something wrong with it.

Is there a lot of effort involved Gordon in say doing 2.71 intel raw background or 2.66 sse4 intel v2?(remember that one as very smooth)
Haven't a clue whether you have spent months at this or a couple of hours? Simplistically I would be thinking it is a case of cutting and pasting the results you have got with the current 24bit ones but is that incorrect or way off?

Great to see some new development on MQn.
this push was mainly to get you up and running for your show, the fact the sound has improved is a bonus.

Not sure I have copies of 2.71/2.66 so would be a bit of effort recreating them. Are you ok with v3 ?
Thanks Gordon they are all fine for me I don't have any urgent need for 2.71 or 2.66 I was thinking of Alex. I know the feeling when you can't test/try something as I suffered it for a long time.

Now for the ouch bit. 24bit I have very little 16 and 24bit etc stuff that is similar. Have a copy of Miles Davis sacd and trying that out. As we speak. 2.73 16bit is louder and more vibrant and lively. The 24bit is smoother but have to turn the volume up. I think there are going to be problems comparing 16 and 24bit versions. Have Fleetwood Mac rumours and Dave Brubeck and will give them a blast. I think it is verifying that any of the hires stuff I have is from good recording will be the bug bearer or issue.

At this moment couldn't care less just happy to have a couple of versions to have a listen to 24bit. Will convert the The Bill Evans trio to 16bit it is a live recording and really very good. A find from Ken. Hope some other ciunas owners give it a lash.

An edit anything tried so far is really really smooth. I need to forget about posting and just go off and give it a good listen.
Last edited by tony on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
DJ le Roi

Post by DJ le Roi »

With my 2012R2 laptop I can play (with all three versions) 16/44 and 24/44 files. It sounds wonderful. I cannot play 24/96 files.
I use mqnload. Can mqnload handle 24/96 files?
SBGK thanks!
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

DJ le Roi wrote:With my 2012R2 laptop I can play (with all three versions) 16/44 and 24/44 files. It sounds wonderful. I cannot play 24/96 files.
I use mqnload. Can mqnload handle 24/96 files?
SBGK thanks!
I wouldn't say that problem is in mqnload. I use it too, and 24/96 would load in, it starts nicely for 10-15 seconds, after that just crackling. 16/44 is playing like a dream.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

have uploaded a v3 alternate version (unoptimised), see if that works for anyone.

Tony, have Live at Art Lugoff's and waltz for debby, both vgood. 2L and Linn/naim have good sample hirez tracks.

dj, not able to play 24/96, maybe it's not capable, can check using wasapi_test, plays ok for me.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I can play all 3 new versions in 16/44 and I prefer the V2 (more air). I feel with v3 the soundstage is a bit smaller.
Aleg we have similar interface and drivers, I'm surpised that you can't play 16/44!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:have uploaded a v3 alternate version (unoptimised), see if that works for anyone.

Tony, have Live at Art Lugoff's and waltz for debby, both vgood. 2L and Linn/naim have good sample hirez tracks.

dj, not able to play 24/96, maybe it's not capable, can check using wasapi_test, plays ok for me.
Still the same with 24/96, sorry...
More I listen 16/44 on V3, more I find, it is special, at least on my system. "Floor noise" improved a lot compared to 2.71 I've been listing so far.