SydneyK banned

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
woody

Re: SydneyK banned

Post by woody »

so you had a say as well ivor...ive checked and since this forum began this member advertised an amp,a cd player and a tuner....who needs the lottery when your high flying like that...im going to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 here....perhaps he is upgrading...there is some agenda here and i suspect pettiness is at the core of it.... so clarify this...if you have 3 items for sale you are a trader and you get kicked off,if you are a trader,thats ok....i have more items than that for sale so im awaiting my month ban as im sure are a few more forum members...woody.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

the mods reserve the right to pull any ad they don't like the look of!
Don't advertise if the terms don't suit you. This isn't a 'for sale' site, it's only a small part of it.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

So how many ads has SydneyK posted on the forum? Did he exceed some figure which put him in the commercial category?
woody

Post by woody »

im querying on principle here..personally i think that the tir na site is a very good thing...i dont have any problems with it personally..it just looks to me that a fellow forum member has been done a bad turn for no reason i can see,how can you come to the conclusion that he is trading when he has only had a few ads up over the entire span of the tir na hi fi site.. i havent heard one valid point to back up this decision,as moderators all you can do is pull rank, it was yourselves that posted this up so dont be surprised if people disagree with you..you could have taken the add off quietly and without fuss but you chose to try and make an example off this forum member without offering any valid explanation...can you not see how this looks.....different rules for different members....woody ps. by the way ivor,the tone of your reply seemed very''terse'' to me.....
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

Woody. Am I right in believing that you have more items for sale than SydneyK has.
cybot

Post by cybot »

I have to say all this 'banter' is getting ever so slightly out of hand. Somebody has fu###d up big time and,to tell the truth I just haven't the energy/authority to try and find out who said what out of turn.The way I see it,and this is bringing back bad memories of a farcial situation that happened only a fortnight ago,the lads are right and the mods are wrong. As I said before, misinformation creates bad feeling and hurt egos.So are we getting the full picture here??
woody

Post by woody »

hi johnny one...all i can find is two or three but could i call your attention to the ad posted for c opland cd player, he had a rant at a moderator,pretty harmless stuff actually....judge for yourself...
woody

Post by woody »

yes i have johnny one..
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

woody wrote:hi johnny one...all i can find is two or three but could i call your attention to the ad posted for c opland cd player, he had a rant at a moderator,pretty harmless stuff actually....judge for yourself...
Must check it out
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

Say no more Woody. Feathers ruffled I think.