JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by cvrle59 »

Something is completely wrong here, it's got to be a solution. We can't be all suffering because of one person. Nobody will ever convince me that there was no enough evidence to solve this numerous posts back with some drastic methods. We moved here because of him, are we supposed to move back because those moderators figured out who he is banning him. Does not that fact leave bad taste in your mouth? Would you rather protect such person than this whole project and bunch of energetic guys who strictly focusing on this wonderful project?
Think about it, please!
Thanks
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

cvrle59 wrote:Something is completely wrong here, it's got to be a solution. We can't be all suffering because of one person. Nobody will ever convince me that there was no enough evidence to solve this numerous posts back with some drastic methods. We moved here because of him, are we supposed to move back because those moderators figured out who he is banning him. Does not that fact leave bad taste in your mouth? Would you rather protect such person than this whole project and bunch of energetic guys who strictly focusing on this wonderful project?
Think about it, please!
Thanks
+1

A lot of people abuse the freedom that democratic and open society brings to deny other people the rights they are misusing. These people are in their core undemocratic and fascist in the literal sense of the word (look it up in a dictionary if you're not familiar with the literal meaning).

A resume:
He's destroyed and got what he wanted and what he came for.
We lost what we wanted to keep and came here for in refuge.

I don't want to give people democratic rights if they abuse those right to destroy democracy.

-
Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."
Julf

Post by Julf »

Instead of rallying up the lynching mob, how about basing our discussion on facts?

Gordon made an allegation that there had been "IP theft":
sbgk wrote:Apart from IP theft, trolling and poor moderation I have to agree with you.
All I am asking for is for him to explain that claim.

As far as I know, he first stated on his MQn blog page that his software was licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL), a license that stipulates that the source code is freely available. After I asked about the availability of the source code as per the license (and an exchange of opinions about the implications of the GPL), Gordon changed the licensing terms of MQn.

The JLP player is based on the squeezelite player written by Triode (Adrian Smith). Last time I checked, 98% of the code of JLP player is from Adrian. Adrian has very kindly licensed his code under the GPL, making it available to all of us (including Gordon) to inspect and to modify as we choose, with a few small provisions - one of them being that any derived code also be made abailable, in source form, to everybody. After both me and Adrian asking for it, Gordon did make the source code available. I am not aware of any "IP theft" at any point.

Yes, this discussion is probably off-topic, but it is in response to (and an attempt to clarify) Gordon's posting.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Going to apply the often used "one word post" used by JC but for a better reason here:

IGNORE!

Post by jesuscheung »

Julf wrote:Instead of rallying up the lynching mob, how about basing our discussion on facts?

Gordon made an allegation that there had been "IP theft":
sbgk wrote:Apart from IP theft, trolling and poor moderation I have to agree with you.
All I am asking for is for him to explain that claim.
let me teach you what a claim is.

opinion is not a claim.

"Apart from julf is a winner, a sex symbol and a genius I have to agree with you".

This is not a claim either. notice I didn't claim "julf is winner". neither did sgbk claimed "IP theft" exists.

if you keep trolling by misinterpreting statements by people, you can be banned. be careful
Julf

Post by Julf »

jesuscheung wrote:neither did sgbk claimed "IP theft" exists.
His posting could be interpreted as a claim - which is why I asked for clarification.
if you keep trolling by misinterpreting statements by people, you can be banned. be careful
That sounds a bit like "watch out in dark alleys". What next? Will I wake up with severed horse head next to me?

I think any banning decisions are up to the moderators, not a lynching mob that wants to ostracice anyone who doesn't subscribe to their faith.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

first you claim:
Julf wrote: Gordon made an allegation that there had been "IP theft":
now you claim:
Julf wrote: His posting could be interpreted as a claim - which is why I asked for clarification.
in the other word,
His posting may NOT have interpreted as a claim.

first you claim sgbk definitely made an allegation,
now you claim sgbk may or may not have made an allegation.

are you trolling or what?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Yes, trolling
IGNORE (I've joined the 99%) & I suggest others to do the same
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I am not just ignoring him from now on, I respect all of you guys a lot beside him, but I have to ignore this forum too. My patience is running out.
Is this not about MQn/JLP, so master of these two is not here any more, so why should I be, to read Julf's comments, give me a break.
See you somewhere else where people like Julf are not welcomed!
Thanks for reading my write ups!
Last edited by cvrle59 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1