SydneyK banned

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Fran
Site Admin

SydneyK banned

Post by Fran »

Well, this is the first time we've had to do this, but this morning, after much discussion among the mods, we banned SydneyK for 1 month. Reason (although we do not have to give any), is continuous use of the for sale section, and we suspect he is commercial selling.

I've stickied this post to allow some transparency.

The admin team
Do or do not, there is no try
jonnyone

Re: SydneyK banned

Post by jonnyone »

Are all his ads removed then?
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

The most recent ones for the tuner were removed - but the previous ads are still there.

Fran
woody

Post by woody »

and kronos is a private seller? grow up and cop on lads.... i cant see too many adverts from this seller....if i put all my unwanted equipment up for sale it wouldnt fit in cloney....also one member is pretty much a commercial seller.... pot,kettle, black and all that.......
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

This forum is not really designed as a convenient place for selling - its primary purpose is facilitate discussion of all things hifi + music + reviews. It happens that we felt it was an addition to the site to have a for sale section - something I still think is true and hopefully will not be proven wrong about.

Right now I'm not willing to discuss other forum members, I don't think anyone is served by that.

Fran
woody

Post by woody »

ive just had a look,and this is all down to a little battle of words the seller had with another forum member re the sale of a copland player,you invited comments on this so no point changing your mind now....and i would like a comment on forum rules. to quote top of page...."oh yeah....no commercial selling" when a shop is being encouraged to advertise...woody.
jonnyone

Post by jonnyone »

I think Woody is making some valid points and asking some important questions.
cybot

Post by cybot »

I have to concur with both jonnyone and woody's comments. I haven't a clue who SK is nor do I care.Still, I will say that minimum information leads to speculation and bad feeling all round - not a good thing...
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Guys, I'm not going to openly discuss another forum member and our decisions - I don't think that would be fair, especially when he doesn't have the right of reply here at the moment. But suffice to say this was a considered decision of all the mods, not just one.

I would remind you of the line:
the mods reserve the right to pull any ad they don't like the look of!
As regards membership and posts from commercial entities, that is taken on a case by case basis and is carefully considered and monitored.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

woody wrote:and kronos is a private seller? ......
No, nor does it pretend to be.
woody wrote:ive just had a look,and this is all down to a little battle of words the seller had with another forum member re the sale of a copland player
Nonsense. The reasons are as stated.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable