JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sima66

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by sima66 »

Julf wrote:
Sligolad wrote:Ah OK missed that.
2 thoughts come to mind....either a democratic vote off or I go and borrow that shotgun off Fran for some spring cleaning!!!!
Or we could just all act like adults here.
:-)............I guess that we just said NO MORE JOKES!!!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

tony wrote:Accident waiting to happen really Adam anybody could have triggered the event or occasion. At the end of the day we are all adults and should be able to take some flak and just get on with it. Nobody on this forum has done anything to worry about.
Maybe peace at last I can just stick with de auld fashioned MQn and not go through the further rigours of testing torture.
"Nobody on this forum has done anything to worry about."

Apart from IP theft, trolling and poor moderation I have to agree with you.

That gun picture was a cut down from a no trespassing sign, doesn't really belong in any forum I want to be part of.
tony

Post by tony »

Gun is just irish humour. Some of the other stuff about stealing etc not sure what that relates to.
On the trolling there is nothing of any significance to act upon but don't for a moment thing that anybody including the moderators
would prefer if that person was not participating. But it is the quick action on cleaning up any attempt heading in that direction that ensures nobody
passes the boundaries.Maybe that is a mistake let people at it and when they act badly enough then move in. But Tirnahifi is a clean site hence probably best to continue running it that way. A pity Gordon that you are allowing mainly one person to drive you away from a pleasant place.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Yea, TnHF is one of the most benign & pleasant forums on which to post. I can't remember any spat breaking out here. Most viewpoints are tolerated & very few posters are agenda driven, ego-centrics.
From the moderators POV a member can only be banned if he breaks the rules, otherwise it reflects badly on the running of the forum. Some people are practised at getting up others noses but staying within the rules & so remain unbanned (We've all seen them in action on other forums). Personally, I would not give these people an inch & at the first sign of trolling/sh1t stirring, they would be gone (I missed whatever happened over the last few days & the posts are cleared up, it seems).

Anyway, Gordon, let's hope the usual suspects on CA don't gatecrash your new party?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Putting all this peripheral shenanigans firmly aside I have just loaded up the latest versions of Squeezelight and PA. I have not been arsed with the faff of making SL run as a service (though may do another day).

I have to say this sounds like a bit of a leap forward. I heard something special when I dropped these new versions onto the study PC via the headphones, so I stole ten minutes to get them running on the main system. Very, very worthwhile.

Thanks again Gordon.

I shall refrain from posting on CA (just don't feel like rejoining the fray).

Mark
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
Julf

Post by Julf »

sbgk wrote:Apart from IP theft, trolling and poor moderation I have to agree with you.
IP theft? That is a pretty heavy accusation - can you give any examples?
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Julf wrote:
sbgk wrote:Apart from IP theft, trolling and poor moderation I have to agree with you.
Are you just stirring it again? We all know what he means even if it is hyperbole.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

Really sad individual. Nothing of value,merit,interest,humour etc brought to any forum.

You got what you wanted access to the code. Now unless you are a self appointed policeman of the internet go off and test the product as you are always demanding of everybody else and if it is not good enough use all the IT skills you consistently boast about on various forums to write something better.

Strange life really searching around hifi forums to criticize and annoy people enjoying a hobby.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

jkeny wrote:
Julf wrote:
Are you just stirring it again? We all know what he means even if it is hyperbole.

I would once again urge people to use the "ignore" option wisely. It solves 99% of the problem.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote: I would once again urge people to use the "ignore" option wisely. It solves 99% of the problem.
Thanks, Ivor but I don't ignore people - I thought Julf's post deserved an answer & his MO exposed rather than just ignoring it.
www.Ciunas.biz