JLP wdm-ks player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: JLP wdm-ks player

Post by cvrle59 »

Aleg wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:Weird, I was able to run it either way.
Did you uncheck the Autostart with Server in the settings of LocalPlayer plugin?

If not, it will start the Squeezelite with its parameters from the settings at the LocalPlayer plugin and not the settings used in the start batch.

Cheers

Aleg
Yes, I uncheck it, then I stop LMS, and I kill squeezelite-win.exe by task manager. I start LMS and finally I run start batch file to run squeezelite. If I want to go back, I check it back in LocalPlayer, then I shot down LMS, then I kill squeezelite-win, and I start LMS.
I may do some extra steps, but that is my sequence.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Aleg wrote:
Did you uncheck the Autostart with Server in the settings of LocalPlayer plugin?

If not, it will start the Squeezelite with its parameters from the settings at the LocalPlayer plugin and not the settings used in the start batch.

Cheers

Aleg
I'll look into that - thanks Aleg.

I have v19 loaded on the dedicated machine in my main system. Maybe a little bright, but I think its sounding very good, dynamic and detail-rich.

One oddity though, if I close the cmd window where I run the batch file from to start Squeezelite it stops the player. Running the bat again starts it again, on my main system (running W8.1). On my study PC, still running W8, I can close the CMD window and the Squeezelite instance remains active. I don't have any particular advanced parameters set on either machine.

Mark
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

LowOrbit wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Cheers

Aleg
I'll look into that - thanks Aleg.

I have v19 loaded on the dedicated machine in my main system. Maybe a little bright, but I think its sounding very good, dynamic and detail-rich.

One oddity though, if I close the cmd window where I run the batch file from to start Squeezelite it stops the player. Running the bat again starts it again, on my main system (running W8.1). On my study PC, still running W8, I can close the CMD window and the Squeezelite instance remains active. I don't have any particular advanced parameters set on either machine.

Mark

On my machine squeezelite will be killed when closing the command window.
I prefer it that way, earlier I had to kill the squeezlite.exe from within taskmanager.
Now it is just easier to leave the window open, alongside the LMS control panel, and use a remote device to control the player.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

See Lekt has just nicked my idea of disconnecting the console, he even uses the same code in the batch file to close down the process without acknowledgement, that's just bad form.

Must admit when I started trying to get people interested in the effect of software on SQ it was so that ideas could be shared not so that some scrote could mirror my every move and call it his own. I assume the Lekt KS lms player will appear shortly.

Got to ask why do I do this, I don't need to, there is no gain and now people are just taking the michael.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:See Lekt has just nicked my idea of disconnecting the console, he even uses the same code in the batch file to close down the process without acknowledgement, that's just bad form.

Must admit when I started trying to get people interested in the effect of software on SQ it was so that ideas could be shared not so that some scrote could mirror my every move and call it his own. I assume the Lekt KS lms player will appear shortly.

Got to ask why do I do this, I don't need to, there is no gain and now people are just taking the michael.
Yes, bad form on Lekt's behalf

Wait until JULF produces his version :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jkeny wrote:
sbgk wrote:See Lekt has just nicked my idea of disconnecting the console, he even uses the same code in the batch file to close down the process without acknowledgement, that's just bad form.

If he produces a linux version then that might be useful. Would need a damascene conversion for that to happen, which is a shame as he seems very knowledgeable about linux.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:

i will crack up If theres JULF PLAYER for linux

still think mqn for linux is a nice thought

bad Lekt very bad shame on you
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Gordon,
I don't know what to say here. I was probably most excited among all of us here, at the beginning, considering all the features of SL. But I learnt couple of things through this second episode.
First of all that MQn still rules (up until now), and second of all that I actually listen to the music with MQn vs jumping from track to track or from album to album, either on my phone or my remote web browser controller. MQn feels like a good old school, turn table and records. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if you finished 24 version of it, and from there you may want to try to make it to run on KS, or either a Linux version of it. I could live with it for long time.
It's up to you what you're going to do, but I wouldn't be discouraged by people like lekt or julf.
Thanks for your hard work!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded squeezelite 19b, had the coinitialize in the wrong place, found 19 was quite soft sounding, this version has more detail and no softness.

must admit I love the sound of ks, that's why I'm persisting with it. It's a long time since I listened to MQn, but I just remember a constant battle to remove the digital noise, which I think was due to the wasapi wrapper. I really find ks to be more musical.

I would say 19b has some of the excitement of MQn.

next is profile guided optimisation
tony

Post by tony »

Good glad you said that. Nigel helped me to get it working this evening and my first impressions compared to 2.71 was chalk and cheese. Jlp was as you describe it soft mellow,easy to listen to but not special like MQn. Went straight back to 2.71. Will try this new version and see how that sounds
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.