MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
tanopereira wrote:The code for portaudio is the same as the original, only the build options change...

Have you guys heard v14??!!
why do you say that ? It's different and cut down to a large extent.
got to say the latest version sqlite v13/pa v14 of the JULF Player is the best thing I've ever heard.

Couldn't have imagined that that amount of detail and sq would be available from a windows streaming player playing 16/44.1.
tony

Post by tony »

Ok will make the effort at the weekend and try and get this going. For luck I held off. Sure even on the original MQn it took Nigel and John awhile to get the message across.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Gordon,
13/14 is really good, but I need to listen more.
What are your -a & -b settings?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

sbgk wrote:
sbgk wrote: got to say the latest version sqlite v13/pa v14 of the JULF Player is the best thing I've ever heard.
Couldn't have imagined that that amount of detail and sq would be available from a windows streaming player playing 16/44.1.
v14 is fabulous, I know all depends on many things (gear, interconnects etc.) but my #1 is opt100x0 - I can hear more details (not noise). v14 is a great alternative (more open soundstage and analogue but still lacks some of my beloved details). That's just my opinion.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
tanopereira

Post by tanopereira »

sbgk wrote:
tanopereira wrote:The code for portaudio is the same as the original, only the build options change...

Have you guys heard v14??!!
why do you say that ? It's different and cut down to a large extent.
Sorry it was a misunderstanding from earlier poists
Julf

Post by Julf »

Fran wrote:Guys, discussion of the the open availability of the source code for various players etc is indeed interesting but however, belongs in a separate thread. So if you want to have further discussion on this (very valid imho) point about making available the source code for open source based projects, then please start another thread.
New thread started: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2605
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Posts from here are now moved over to the new thread. If I've missed some, let me know.

Lets keep this thread clean and as on-topic as possible. There is much useful information in here and it really doesn't need to be made harder to find with dross and OT conversations.

If there are specific topics you need discussed, then please feel free to open up a specific thread to deal with them.

Continued OT stuff, baiting and carryover point scoring from other fora - Stop it now or I'll have to get the wooden spoon out!!

Do or do not, there is no try
erin

Post by erin »

Aleg wrote: Erin

The new solution is based on LMS (Logitech Media Server). This normally feeds a SqueezeBox Duet, Touch etc.
But someone has developed a plugin which offers a local player SqueezeLite which plays music on the local computer of the LMS.

Gordon has modified this SqueezeLite player with all the optimisaton techniques he developed building MQn. Besides those optimisations, SqueezeLite will playback using Kernel Streaming drivers (which are lower level than WASAPI of MQn) which are inside the PortAudio.dll library that Gordon also adapted. This SqueezeLite player will support all resolutions up to 384 kHz / 24-bits.

Gordon explained the initial setup in this post: http://tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=50772#p50772
and after that you'll have to follow the thread to see which upgrades and modifications he applied next.

Worthwhile to try.

Cheers

Aleg

Thanks Aleg. I will probably try it on the weekend.
Though it seems I am slow, and need to now try the JULF player?
There is only so much cake in the world!
When the greedy people want to have more than their fair share, then there is less cake for everyone else.
Buy locally.
Build locally.
Grow locally.
Share locally.
Results in a fair slice of the cake for everyone.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I can confidently say that 13/14 is the best version so far, at least on my system.
I can hear for the first time benefit of 24/192. Meet me London is like a dream.
Gordon, I don't care what they say about you, but you are the genius of Computer Playback...LOL.

Edit,
BTW, no interest in your source code at all..:) All I care about is sweet wave from my lovely P3's!
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

I am wondering if I scared you guys here somehow with my latest post, or everyone is busy listening this new version? No comments yet coming....
Is it as good to your ears as it's to mine?