MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
cvrle59

Re: MQN

Post by cvrle59 »

Something that nobody mentioned here that I learnt when I played with Daphile. By default, you will have setup that wav files are converted to flac. It should be disabled.
So, Settings-Advanced-File Types- WAV->FLAC=Disabled
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded opt10 exe and dll, there are 2 dlls one called 0x8 and one 0x0

think 0x0 is the better one, but 0x8 is interesting for it's 3d effect, anyway think there is a little bit more detail with this version.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded opt10 exe and dll, there are 2 dlls one called 0x8 and one 0x0

think 0x0 is the better one, but 0x8 is interesting for it's 3d effect, anyway think there is a little bit more detail with this version.
There is something wrong with optt10 exe. When you download it the file is called opt5nsp?
Is it just the name or you uploaded wrong file?
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote:
sbgk wrote:uploaded opt10 exe and dll, there are 2 dlls one called 0x8 and one 0x0

There is something wrong with optt10 exe. When you download it the file is called opt5nsp?
just downloaded it and was ok. user error ?
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

sbgk wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:

just downloaded it and was ok. user error ?
Something is definitely wrong. I can see v10 when I open google drive, but when I click on it to download I get v5. I have to click on the first left which is movsw to get v10 downloaded.
I don't know why this shifts. I've seen it first time. I tried with googlechrome and winexplorer, same results.
tanopereira

Post by tanopereira »

Same thing happened to me...

Anyhow, I cannot get any mp3 running, which I could until opt4. Was there any change or anything I need to do?

Thank you!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

cvrle59 wrote: Something is definitely wrong. I can see v10 when I open google drive, but when I click on it to download I get v5. I have to click on the first left which is movsw to get v10 downloaded.
I don't know why this shifts. I've seen it first time. I tried with googlechrome and winexplorer, same results.
download fixed, old versions moved to archive
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

Agree with you assessment.
The 3D effect is interesting and has at first something pleasant. But listening longer you notice it has lost some microdetails and the sound is 'swimming' somewhat, lost its focus and clarity.

0x0 has better focus and is still able to reproduce the spatial character that is present in the music (just not yet with the very airy character and light-weightedness, light-footedness I was used to).

Am pleasantly surprised how much progress can still be made.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
Julf

Post by Julf »

I see that Triode's original squeezelite is open source, and licensed GPLv3. Does that mean the source code of Squeezelite-MQn is available too?
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

julf, have you tried mqn yet? why would you. linux is so good.