Build a dedicated Audio PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: Build a dedicated Audio PC

Post by jesuscheung »

nige2000 wrote:nope havent tried dual cpu mobo but it seems like a worthy experiment
can you get them cheaply?

but cpu 4pin dumps noise on the 12v rails, so dual cpu wouldn't be as good as it could be unless each cpu has separate clean supplies, thats all i know for sure
clean supplies vs performance

hmm...
tony wrote: Is this a similar approach to JPlay streaming? Can you not use two mobo's and get the same or close effect?
2mobo=2OS=twice the interrupts=twice the digital noise=twice the buffer bottleneck+additional network card buffer/noise

2mobo needs a LAN cable. LAN cable is stupid really. LAN cable isn't faster/more reliable than transfering data within a mobo. say you buy a SDD. SSD is already slowest out of RAM and CPU cache. now you add a even slower bottleneck with a LAN cable. no brainer.

jplay 2 mobos is mentally retarded. might as well have 10 mobos streaming to a DAC. that sounds more like a proper final year project for a computer eng degree. it is also a good scam. more mobos = more SQ = more money
Last edited by jesuscheung on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

not to mention now your SQ depends on 2 network cards with 2PC jplay.

my network card does nothing already damages my SQ. imagine having 2 network cards.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jesuscheung wrote: clean supplies vs performance

hmm...
doesnt have to be a choice when you can have both
you should experiment with 12v batteries on the cpu socket
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

best SQ or what? !
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

OMG
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

this is real. invented by the japanese. not sure useful or not for clean power. good for dirty power.

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/japanese ... s8_01.html

"ノイズ発生源に使用することで全て解決!!"
干擾源都用

"オーディオ機器にフィルターを使う副作用"
音頻不要使用

"ダブル・トリプル使い、もしくは1ターン・2ターンにより効果倍増"
用兩個,三個,在上面繞一圈,效果倍增

映像専用機器には積極的にお使い下さい
純視頻設備多用

basically, above seems to translate as only applies on non-audio things. apply more the better.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

jesuscheung wrote:this is real. invented by the japanese. not sure useful or not for clean power. good for dirty power.

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/japanese ... s8_01.html

"ノイズ発生源に使用することで全て解決!!"
干擾源都用

"オーディオ機器にフィルターを使う副作用"
音頻不要使用

"ダブル・トリプル使い、もしくは1ターン・2ターンにより効果倍増"
用兩個,三個,在上面繞一圈,效果倍增

映像専用機器には積極的にお使い下さい
純視頻設備多用

basically, above seems to translate as only applies on non-audio things. apply more the better.
That is absolutely ridiculously priced, for a few pound/euro you can have the same. These are just plain ferrite core emi filters.
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

seems like putting a plaster over a severed limb
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I see computeraudiophile are just catching up with our experiments with the Anker "Cheap music server power tweak that is VERY good."
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:I see computeraudiophile are just catching up with our experiments with the Anker "Cheap music server power tweak that is VERY good."
its quite amazing, im using battery power +5v directly into the motherboard which directly supplies all usb ports and music storage still sounds better with an external/(anker) supply
it must be picking up some noise on the mobo

i also gave into curiosity and got the audiophil optimiser, went directly to minimal server r2 with MQn and a-b tested vs my r2,
first impressions arent good i had a route around in the registry and changed pro audio settings to the current recommended MQn settings and it improved it a bit but not enough
vs my current r2 it seems tamed or flat/restricted, loss of dynamics/attack/balls, think the halters on too tight trying to reduce harshness and it does at much cost
will keep trying, it boots up like a rocket
Last edited by nige2000 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.