a bunch 'o quads.

Diapason

Re: a bunch 'o quads.

Post by Diapason »

That looks awesome!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
barry robin

Post by barry robin »

paulb wrote:hope fran saw that pic....

not only has he seen 'em, he's heard 'em! whyd'a think it wants to stack his set? on the other hand, i've never heard his home-brew stuff-now that's what i want to hear!

-b
tony

Post by tony »

I dont understand. Is that 4 strange radiators suspended in a frame? I think I get the door lying on the floor with some strange boxes sitting on top. The brickwork wall behind is very impressive though. No envy here honest. I'l post a few photos of my black cyrus shoeboxes in a wonky wooden pallet later.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Them lads be quad 57s. 4 instead of the customary 2 with ribbon super tweeters arranged in the famous mark levinson way.

Sound great! It on my long term ambitions list!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
tony

Post by tony »

It is a fairly amazing set up alright. I do remember that photo being posted on the old cloney forum and it set the old pacemaker ticking.
Joking aside it does look kinda of industrial but that seems to be the way with amazing sounding systems. I wouldnt mind that bat cave for my toys.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.