MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
pistollero

Re: MQN

Post by pistollero »

Hello everyone, i use an usb/spdif converter and the latest versions of mqn don´t work on my audiophilleo.
need help.
i have an old version running but i don´t know what is the number because i renamed de files.
John Dot

Post by John Dot »

pistollero wrote:Hello everyone, i use an usb/spdif converter and the latest versions of mqn don´t work on my audiophilleo.
need help.
i have an old version running but i don´t know what is the number because i renamed de files.

Use MQNLoad posted here last month and try some versions.
PC: CPU Q8400, 8GB Ram, Windows 8.1 x64
DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+, Asus Xonar Essence ST (+ HiEnd DYI upgrades)
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

Thanks all who gave me advice earlier in the month on getting MQN up and running again. I finally got everything ironed out and have MQN up and running again.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

I have gone back to mqnplay.exe 2.71 intel rb 1024 sw.71 intel rb 1024 sw.71 intel rb 1024 sw
Because I need 24-bit playback. Not just because I own a decent amount of 24-bit recordings but also because I've started an experiment with using DRC software which outputs the music as 24-bit files.

Among the few 24-bit capable MQn players I still have, this one shows the best tonal control.
So it appears this one will be my final MQn player.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I'm thinking to move up from Window 8, but I'm curious did anybody compared W8.1 and R2 with MQn? Since I'm not very skilled with computer, I wonder if R2 is worth the trouble (if any)?!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
tony

Post by tony »

A fair few of us moved from windows 8 to 2012 core and then R2. It is very much worth the hassle especially when I see what you are driving. Audiophil optimiser or try and utilize the CAD script for 8.
Put it on a usb stick at least you can try it and revert back to 8 if you use the pc for other stuff.

When MQn arrived the lift in performance over dual Jplay was very noticeable. I have been using MQn since. If you read the MQn thread you will read about the moment/evening when people heard it first. On that occasion it was through a pair of 57's.
Last edited by tony on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

sima66 wrote:I'm thinking to move up from Window 8, but I'm curious did anybody compared W8.1 and R2 with MQn? Since I'm not very skilled with computer, I wonder if R2 is worth the trouble (if any)?!
I can say that I was amazed at the difference between Windows 8 and Server R1. It really is quite significant, Server is much more analog sounding than Windows 8. And especially with Audiophil.

Mark

Sorry this was before MQN
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

which version of Audiophil did you try?

last time i heard i was unimpressed. i tracked the changes it made. not impressed either.

windows is spaghetti in implementation. stripping it doesn't make best SQ.
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

Currently using 1.22
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

JC any chance of you releasing a r1/r2 script we can run to test out without us spending a half day in the registry

the lack of 24 bit support is getting painful too,
wonder if its possible for taggart to put in a converter to 16 44 for mqnload similar to what he did for the flac
ive converted a few with dbpoweramp and they still sound great
might keep us going for a while

i know the pay is poor and time is scarce
but its nice to be moving forward

cheers

nige
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's