MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
mjock3

Re: MQN

Post by mjock3 »

In your mqn-directory do you have an mqnplay.exe file? So, one that has been renamed from its distribution name that doesn't end with .exe?

Do you have mqnload installed or do you use the mqn.bat directly?

If you have mqnload installed, kill the mqndeamon in the taskmanager, delete the mqnload directory from \users\administrator\appdata\local and run it anew from the mqn-directory and select an mqnplay-version you like to try, inside the mqnload-app.

If you use mqn.bat directly, does the cd-command inside the bat-file point to the right mqn-directory?

If all is in its proper place and pointing to the right directories it should just run.

Cheers

Aleg[/quote]

I use mqn.bat to load,

yes I have the proper directory showing within the bat file,

Thanks,

Mark
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

mjock3 wrote:In your mqn-directory do you have an mqnplay.exe file? So, one that has been renamed from its distribution name that doesn't end with .exe?

Do you have mqnload installed or do you use the mqn.bat directly?

If you have mqnload installed, kill the mqndeamon in the taskmanager, delete the mqnload directory from \users\administrator\appdata\local and run it anew from the mqn-directory and select an mqnplay-version you like to try, inside the mqnload-app.

If you use mqn.bat directly, does the cd-command inside the bat-file point to the right mqn-directory?

If all is in its proper place and pointing to the right directories it should just run.

Cheers

Aleg
I use mqn.bat to load,

yes I have the proper directory showing within the bat file,

Thanks,

Mark[/quote]

most likely reason is that it can't see the audio device which is why I asked about the jplay service. Try downloading playpcmwin and seeing if that works.
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

mjock3 wrote:most likely reason is that it can't see the audio device which is why I asked about the jplay service. Try downloading playpcmwin and seeing if that works.
I have downloaded playpcwin and that is not working either.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

im getting distortion on the rel for 10-15 seconds
but sounds good distortion is throwing me a bit though
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

mjock3 wrote:
mjock3 wrote:most likely reason is that it can't see the audio device which is why I asked about the jplay service. Try downloading playpcmwin and seeing if that works.

I think it becomes time to uninstall an reinstall your soundcard/ddc/dac and its drivers (make sure you delete the drivers when doing the uninstall of your sound device).

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
mjock3

Post by mjock3 »

Aleg wrote:
mjock3 wrote:

I think it becomes time to uninstall an reinstall your soundcard/ddc/dac and its drivers (make sure you delete the drivers when doing the uninstall of your sound device).

Cheers

Aleg
Thanks Aleg,

After doing what you suggested, both MQNplay & MQNcontrol show in background processes. Things appear to load and the exit comes up on the cmd screen, so it looks like it want to play now but still no sound. Also after rebooting things are back to where they were before. Very strange.

Mark
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

nige2000 wrote:im getting distortion on the rel for 10-15 seconds
anyone else got this distortion?

maybe someone needs to spoon feed me the pro audio settings

are we still using mqncontrol 4 core ?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

uploaded mqnplay.exe 2.71 448 rel 10 raw background rel + get

have gone back to the rep movsq command for copying data and this version has the reordered release point, some people may get distortion, but for those that it works for it should produce quite a powerful dynamic sound.

requires the 2.71 448 10 version of control

the render loop can be

1. event - get - copy - release or
2. event - copy - release - get or
3. event - release - get - copy

the rel versions are option 3 - the theory is that the preloaded data can be released as soon as required, previously it was option 2. option 1 is the default and there is quite a lot of code to run before the data gets released to the audio device driver which makes the sound a bit mushy in comparison.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

sbgk wrote:uploaded mqnplay.exe 2.71 448 rel 10 raw background rel + get

have gone back to the rep movsq command for copying data and this version has the reordered release point, some people may get distortion, but for those that it works for it should produce quite a powerful dynamic sound.

requires the 2.71 448 10 version of control

the render loop can be

1. event - get - copy - release or
2. event - copy - release - get or
3. event - release - get - copy

the rel versions are option 3 - the theory is that the preloaded data can be released as soon as required, previously it was option 2. option 1 is the default and there is quite a lot of code to run before the data gets released to the audio device driver which makes the sound a bit mushy in comparison.
Are we back to 2.71?!

I could play only the Non-Rel version of 2.72 and only 16/44, but that was the best sound so far.

I don't understand what is "render loop"?!

EDIT:
Can't play neither the "2.71 448 rel 10 raw background rel + get" version!!
I can live with the 2.72 till the rest of my life (I said that to all my wife's)! ;-)
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

nige2000 wrote:
nige2000 wrote:im getting distortion on the rel for 10-15 seconds
anyone else got this distortion?

maybe someone needs to spoon feed me the pro audio settings

are we still using mqncontrol 4 core ?
Nigel

For the 448 releases there is also a new mqncontrol 448,
mqncontrol.exe 2.71 448 10 released on Dec 2.

Don't know if you missed that one or if I misunderstood your question.

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.