JPlay single or dual PC

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: JPlay single or dual PC

Post by jkeny »

Fran wrote:Yes, an ARM device was mentioned alright.....
What was the Linux device you listened to? Was it ARM based?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: linux powered by arm sounds good, once theres clean power in

Any further reading on these sort of things
Did you look at the ARM computer modules I linked to?
Most only use a 5V or even 3.3V PS & are only a couple of watts (battery anyone?)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Oh!!!!!!
didnt see that
on it now
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

This one has 5V input (doesn't say what power consumption) & standard DDR3 memory (up to 4GB), on board SSD but other storage through SATA, it seem? 4 USB 2.0 ports & 1 wtg USB port as well as 3 I2S outputs (these could be directly connected to DAC chip if of sufficiently high quality)?

Some tweaking & modding would probably be needed to get the best out of it but not a bad starting platform
http://compulab.co.il/products/computer ... fx6/#specs
www.Ciunas.biz
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:This one has 5V input (doesn't say what power consumption) & standard DDR3 memory (up to 4GB), on board SSD but other storage through SATA, it seem? 4 USB 2.0 ports & 1 wtg USB port as well as 3 I2S outputs (these could be directly connected to DAC chip if of sufficiently high quality)?

Some tweaking & modding would probably be needed to get the best out of it but not a bad starting platform
http://compulab.co.il/products/computer ... fx6/#specs

yes that one drew my attention too

there was two advantages of the pc builds
the ability to provide separate ps's to certain components and having a less densely populated pcb board which helps isolate the noise a bit

wonder will we be able to do something similar here?

at least its more of a budget experimentation
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

nige2000 wrote: yes that one drew my attention too

there was two advantages of the pc builds
the ability to provide separate ps's to certain components and having a less densely populated pcb board which helps isolate the noise a bit

wonder will we be able to do something similar here?

at least its more of a budget experimentation
Yes, individual PS supplies have proved to be of benefit whereas the one PS supply (17V) for the NUC has not provided the same isolation benefits. I reckon on-board bypassing of DC-DC switchers is needed here (& would probably improve all PCs)

It might be easier to do this on one of these ARM boards? Maybe fewer DC-DC switchers - I only see 3 on that board.

It also appears to be less populated?
www.Ciunas.biz