What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Derek

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Derek »

ConorW wrote:Wasn't too familiar with Ted Hawkins so a real find for me. What a voice.
He's one of the greats, perfect pitch, made well known songs he covered his own.

You should check out;
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Derek wrote:
ConorW wrote:Wasn't too familiar with Ted Hawkins so a real find for me. What a voice.
He's one of the greats, perfect pitch, made well known songs he covered his own.

You should check out;
Seconded.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Apologies about the size. This little double vinyl beauty arrived this morning all the way from Rarewaves America. Initial listening has proved very illuminating indeed :) Stunningly captured live sound warts and all as you would expect from the back of a truck on a hot Miami beach almost 43 years ago :)

markof

Post by markof »

and

I think it's going to be a fine weekend.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

Indeed it is Mark. Enjoy :) Is the Jarrett set a new one or is it the set that's always been available? I know I have it on triple vinyl. Must dig it out later....
Last edited by cybot on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markof

Post by markof »

cybot wrote:Indeed it is Tweber. Enjoy :) Is the Jarrett set a new one or is it the set that's always been available? I know I have it on triple vinyl. Must dig it out later....
Its the new one with the Munich concert available for the first time, I believe.

Mark.
Main: Qobuz/Arcam Alpha 9 CD/Project Carbon Esprit->Auralic Polaris->Chord Silver Carnival->Martin Logan EM-ESL
Office: Qobuz->Auralic Aries Mini->Denafrips ARES II->miniDSP 2X4 HD>Primare I32->Harbeth P3ESR/REL T5X
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote:
cybot wrote:Indeed it is Mark. Enjoy :) Is the Jarrett set a new one or is it the set that's always been available? I know I have it on triple vinyl. Must dig it out later....
Its the new one with the Munich concert available for the first time, I believe.

Mark.
Thanks for that Mark....

Edit: I've just checked my own vinyl box set and indeed it's the same release :) Has it never been available on cd before, the München set, I mean? Anyway I can clearly remember getting a tip off to check out the Virgin (on the Quay's) vinyl sale. One of the very best selection of vinyl stuff I'd ever seen. All thanks to the ubiquitous Gerry (Kenny), who as far as I know is still doing the rounds in Tower, though I haven't seen him around lately. I picked up the set for the measly sum of 10 pounds in old money and many more bargains were snapped up over the following weeks. Ah they were the days :)
Last edited by cybot on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybot

Post by cybot »

markof wrote:
cybot wrote:Indeed it is Mark. Enjoy :) Is the Jarrett set a new one or is it the set that's always been available? I know I have it on triple vinyl. Must dig it out later....

Mark.
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:Apologies about the size. This little double vinyl beauty arrived this morning all the way from Rarewaves America. Initial listening has proved very illuminating indeed :) Stunningly captured live sound warts and all as you would expect from the back of a truck on a hot Miami beach almost 43 years ago :)

No, sorry Dermot, I can't see that image!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
cybot wrote:Apologies about the size. This little double vinyl beauty arrived this morning all the way from Rarewaves America. Initial listening has proved very illuminating indeed :) Stunningly captured live sound warts and all as you would expect from the back of a truck on a hot Miami beach almost 43 years ago :)

No, sorry Dermot, I can't see that image!!
Ha ha very funny specs bunny ;)