Quick lend of valve amp...?

fergus

Re: Quick lend of valve amp...?

Post by fergus »

Great stuff Claus; I hope that it works out satisfactorily for you.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
tony

Post by tony »

Very nice Claus looks like you made some good choices. Are they heavy on the watts? i.e leaving them on permanently will be costly.
Must try that some day and see if it brings something.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Claus

Post by Claus »

Thanks Tony. They do seem to consume a bit alright. Will see if I can get a measurement on them. They do have a standby mode which I suppose would be the way to go….
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:That's a great result, Claus. Always wanted to know what that Ayre was like. Preamps are hard to buy, I think. Shame my graaf is gone or you could have had a go, that was balanced too. Aesthetix is another option perhaps.

The Graaf is what???????? I thought you loved it! Has the Devialet charmed your socks off ;) Or maybe I'm imagining what you wrote....
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Graaf pre gone, Graaf monos remain. So I'm pre-less again.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Diapason wrote:Graaf pre gone, Graaf monos remain. So I'm pre-less again.
What's on your wish list?
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I'm happy enough to continue without for the time being. The Graaf was a disappointing failure, when I had been led to believe it would be superb. So for now the volume control in the Wadia will do.

Although if anyone has a Nagra going cheap...
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Claus wrote:Nearly forgot: A huge thanks to Marcus who has been a real gentleman and another example of why this forum is so great!
Thanks Claus, that's very nice of you to say so. It's been a pleasure meeting you and talking hifi, something I never tire of doing. Good luck with the next step of the journey. Wish I lived nearer to Dublin to get more involved with the enthusiastic crowd that participates there. Let me know if you're coming Cork way and hopefully we can meet up again at least for a drink!

Marcus
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Marcus wrote:Wish I lived nearer to Dublin
Your next upgrade??
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

If only! :)
I have a switch in my apartment but it doesn't do anything. Every once in a while, I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a woman in Austria... She said "Cut it out will you!"