MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tanopereira

Re: MQN

Post by tanopereira »

Hi all,

I have just registered to say thank you for the amazing program. MQn is great in my lowly setup, cannot imagine what it is like under better speakers/amps etc.
Mqn 1024 sd is my favourite now.
taggart

Post by taggart »

Aleg wrote:I do indeed have HPET and System Timer disabled and only run on the CmOS/RealTime clock.
Same here, but just as a result of trial and error.
Aleg wrote:Do you have further information that you would like to share to lighten my world of pc timers :-) ?
Unfortunately not. I'm not more "enlightened" than you. ;-) But find it interesting and will try to find out more.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

Taggart,
I have tried new version of MqnLoad last night, but I found that there was a problem with my preferred HotKey, CTRL-ALT-X. I could configure it, but it did not want to start the program.
I put F9 back to it and it worked perfectly. Any idea?
Thanks
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
taggart

Post by taggart »

cvrle59 wrote:Taggart,
I have tried new version of MqnLoad last night, but I found that there was a problem with my preferred HotKey, CTRL-ALT-X. I could configure it, but it did not want to start the program.
Thanks
Have retried CTRL+ALT+X. No problem here. If a hotkey don't work it is most likely that it is already in use by another program. Only unused hotkeys can be registered by mqnload. There should be a warning in future. Did you found other issues?
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

taggart wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:Taggart,
Thanks
Have retried CTRL+ALT+X. No problem here. If a hotkey don't work it is most likely that it is already in use by another program. Only unused hotkeys can be registered by mqnload. There should be a warning in future. Did you found other issues?
I am at work, so I'll try it tonight again. I did use it with MQn.Bat in past, but I disable it before I assigned it to MQnLoad.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
taggart

Post by taggart »

cvrle59 wrote:I am at work, so I'll try it tonight again. I did use it with MQn.Bat in past, but I disable it before I assigned it to MQnLoad.
No need to test on your side. Just found that CTRL+ALT+X works for displaying the options dialog but not for starting playback. It's on me to debug.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

taggart wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:I am at work, so I'll try it tonight again. I did use it with MQn.Bat in past, but I disable it before I assigned it to MQnLoad.
No need to test on your side. Just found that CTRL+ALT+X works for displaying the options dialog but not for starting playback. It's on me to debug.
Kool...I'll be waiting then.
I'm sorry if I 'm giving you hard time...:)
sima66

Post by sima66 »

jesuscheung wrote:
wushuliu wrote: Interestingly enough I just replaced my AMD setup with Intel. Radeon Ramdisk does not sound as good with my Intel - it sounds more like Jkeny and you have said, rolled off, flat. On my AMD setup the Ramdisk sounded much better, the roll off was more like noise reduction and there was great intimacy and low level detail.
when you use ramdisk, try using fat16, and <256MB. fat16 was designed to run very efficiently <256MB. e.g. try 128MB.
don't use ntfs. fat16 has no security feature and has bigger cluster size, so technically better.

try ramdisk again. see if SQ improves. it works very well for lekt player and other player which isn't entirely memory playback. still work for MQn i think.

i use intel cpu.
How can I change to fat16?
You are suggesting the size of RAMDisk only 128 Mb?! That will be only for 1-2 songs in 44.1
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
taggart

Post by taggart »

cvrle59 wrote:Kool...I'll be waiting then.
I'm sorry if I 'm giving you hard time...:)
No problem ... have found the bug. The hotkey CTRL+ALT+X conflicts with the adding logic in mqnload.exe. I have to change the logic. Until then CTRL modifier key can only be used in hotkeys for Adding files and/or displaying options dialog, but not for starting playback. ALT+X e.g. could be a workaround. Will fix it with the next version.
taggart

Post by taggart »

sima66 wrote:You are suggesting the size of RAMDisk only 128 Mb?! That will be only for 1-2 songs in 44.1
That's what I thought too.