lekt player

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jesuscheung

Re: lekt player

Post by jesuscheung »

try RAMDisk 4.3.0 RC 1

put a music file on the ram disk and play from lekt player. it sounds better!

now lekt player has a similar airy feeling like MQn.
lekt

Post by lekt »

jesuscheung wrote:try RAMDisk 4.3.0 RC 1

put a music file on the ram disk and play from lekt player. it sounds better!

now lekt player has a similar airy feeling like MQn.
thx, imazing, SQ >= 10% in my case. now difficult test versions, difficult detect, sound of almost versions is better. ha ha. vote for AMD and JC!!
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

what is the purpose of your player if you are not explaining what changes you are making between versions ?

Typical arrogant developer behaviour which MQn was trying to get away from.

Is it just a vanity project ? Seems like you are just following the MQn playbook word for word.

If latency is the issue why not develop a KS version, at least do something original.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

hey sbgk. i don't think lekt uses SSE. there is a difference.

i still haven't given up on MQn 2.82. it has no SSE either. non-SSE versions have consistent SQ across win7, 2012.
lekt

Post by lekt »

sbgk wrote:what is the purpose of your player if you are not explaining what changes you are making between versions ?

Typical arrogant developer behaviour which MQn was trying to get away from.

Is it just a vanity project ? Seems like you are just following the MQn playbook word for word.

If latency is the issue why not develop a KS version, at least do something original.
sorry, i don't understand you, my english bad. do you mean that i explain what changes: SQ change or programing method/algorithm change? pls comment more simple, OK. thanks, sbgk.
lekt

Post by lekt »

jesuscheung wrote:hey sbgk. i don't think lekt uses SSE. there is a difference.

i still haven't given up on MQn 2.82. it has no SSE either. non-SSE versions have consistent SQ across win7, 2012.
currently i don't use high technologue of hardware. only optimized code. now all things, all tasks of player contain in 1 .exe file with minimal size (9 kb). dayly i optimize code, for() while() goto loops, variable, constant, array index, logical operators,... many intersting.
good code give correct vibration, keep soundstage. tried AVX, SSE, compiler settings,..., in my case result is not good. vibration improved but soundstage lost and noise. that lekt player have lesser vibration than MQn, i'm thinking how to impvove vibration?
goon-heaven

Post by goon-heaven »

Thanks JC & wushuliu for the reminder - had forgotten RAMdisk - havent used it for some years (when I was playing with XXHighEnd). Nice tweak.
Clive101

Post by Clive101 »

Hi lekt

Do you have a version of your player that works with 24 bit DACs? My Dac needs all data to be sent in a 24 bit a container?

Thanks
Clive
lekt

Post by lekt »

Clive101 wrote:Hi lekt

Do you have a version of your player that works with 24 bit DACs? My Dac needs all data to be sent in a 24 bit a container?

Thanks
Clive
i have'nt now, will do later. seem to be more difficult with 24 bit.
lekt

Post by lekt »

jesuscheung wrote:...i was referring to soundstage of XA. like stage focus, instrument positionings. now XA sounds very correct in his win7. it never did!
uploaded v2.15 1024. try test it for instrument positionings, feel improved, im waiting for comment.
tomorrow i will busy 2-3 day, maybe not online. see you soon.