MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jrling

Re: MQN 2.71 v2

Post by jrling »

Just tried 2.71 v2 [Atom in my case]. OMG that's the real deal. Difficult to believe it's 16/44.1.

SBGK - print it and move to 24 bit container now!
==============================================
Cannot leave it at that it is so good.
I have listened to every version since SBGK began his odyssey - yes really - and 2.71 v2 is just the best. Sublime combo of relaxed melodious presentation but with exquisite detail. The bass is the most taut yet with excellent harmonic richness but without a trace of bloat. The treble is supremely detailed but without any digital harshness or tizz from cymbals. Vocals project on the stage to grab your attention but not in a overly brash way. All instruments, especially double bass and piano just sound 'right'. Staging is delineated but not in a cardboard cut-out way.

My overall impression is, to draw an analogy from photography, as though an auto-focus telephoto lens has snapped everything into clear focus.

If only we could have 2.71 v2 in 24 bit container I will have died and gone to audiophile heaven. Thanks SBGK.

Jonathan
Maplin XM21X 12V float charging A123 26650 LiFePO4 battery/Maxwell Supercap PSU for Mitac PD10-BI J1900 Bay Trail, WTFPlay, Hiface Evo, Bow Technologies 1704 NOS DAC, StereoKnight TVC, Quad II monoblocks, ZU Audio Druid Mk4/Method Sub
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

wushuliu wrote:For the audio files, not for MQN proper. It's a free download.
yes, but mqn loads the data into ram, in theory the harddrive could be switched off after loading. Just trying to understand possible mechanisms that would affect the sound.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

sbgk wrote:
yes, but mqn loads the data into ram, in theory the harddrive could be switched off after loading. Just trying to understand possible mechanisms that would affect the sound.
Don't know, but an audio file played from main hdd library does not sound the same as one played from the Radeon Ramdisk. And it's much more audible than say the difference between my ssd and hdd.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

sbgk wrote:
I'll move this idea over to the experiment thread.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
sima66

Post by sima66 »

I just realized that I can play with W8 the R2-8.1 versions of MQn!!! O boy, I thought that they are made just for the R2 and 8.1 users ONLY!!
Never tried till now!

Till now my favourite was 2.71 intel raw (I might sound like Nige now ;-)), but "from this moment on" I'm in love with 2.71 intel win 8.1-R2 raw background!

Thanks
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Clive101

Post by Clive101 »

Hi sbgk

What's the latest on getting a 24 bit version that works for us with 24 bit only DACs please?

Thanks
Clive
taggart

Post by taggart »

MQnLoad 0.9.13.1101 beta

FIX: Changing mqnplay version while playback is running should work now
FIX: Due to some hires flac files aren't decoded correctly by ffmpeg.exe, flac.exe is additionally supported again (if flac.exe is found in codecs subfolder, it is used for decoding instead of ffmpeg.exe)

If you already have an older version in use, it must just be overwritten by new mqnload.exe.
Then double click on new mqnload.exe once. This will bring up the options dialog. Make your selections if needed, confirm by click on OK (even if no options were changed) and you're ready to go with the new version.

Download: http://bit.ly/1is4g1J
Please read the contained Quick Start Guide!
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Working fine now with HiRez tracks Taggart, tried MP3 also to see if ffmpeg still worked and all OK.
Tested changing MQN version through Alt + space during playback and it worked fine by stopping playback and restarting the same track again.

Great work and thanks for you help and well done again on a great tool.

Hope to get some time listening to MQN versions this weekend, my audio PC has gone a bit lean lately with very etched highs (too many SSSSSSSsssss) so not sure what has happened. Have to start the process of stripping back some changes to see if I can identify the culprit or else start a clean install of the OS again and build from there. Maybe go back to server 2012 R1.....

Cheers, Pearse.

Post by jesuscheung »

Sligolad wrote:Working fine now with HiRez tracks Taggart, tried MP3 also to see if ffmpeg still worked and all OK.
Tested changing MQN version through Alt + space during playback and it worked fine by stopping playback and restarting the same track again.

Great work and thanks for you help and well done again on a great tool.

Hope to get some time listening to MQN versions this weekend, my audio PC has gone a bit lean lately with very etched highs (too many SSSSSSSsssss) so not sure what has happened. Have to start the process of stripping back some changes to see if I can identify the culprit or else start a clean install of the OS again and build from there. Maybe go back to server 2012 R1.....

Cheers, Pearse.
sounds like same bug i have.

do this:
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick on

restart machine. may fix it. good luck
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

Clive101 wrote:Hi sbgk

What's the latest on getting a 24 bit version that works for us with 24 bit only DACs please?

Thanks
Clive
real life has intervened.