Peek

tony

Peek

Post by tony »

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=146155

This thread put a smile on my face. Really admire Monsieur Toy. Nearly 300 posts and none of the rage that followed the MQn thread.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
DaveF

Re: Peek

Post by DaveF »

I hate hifi.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

DaveF wrote:I hate hifi.
Indeed.
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I just read the first page but can assume it just gets worse as it goes on.

Dave, this kinda thing is 99% marketing and 1% hifi. I know it's a question of where you draw the line but there will always be someone pointing at "us" saying we're mad to spend the money on whatever we're spending money on. It's all relative and if someone wants to spend £20 on this then so what? No I won't be buying it... sur' I can make my own!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Ivor wrote:I just read the first page but can assume it just gets worse as it goes on.

Dave, this kinda thing is 99% marketing and 1% hifi. I know it's a question of where you draw the line but there will always be someone pointing at "us" saying we're mad to spend the money on whatever we're spending money on. It's all relative and if someone wants to spend £20 on this then so what? No I won't be buying it... sur' I can make my own!
I've no problem with people buying these things or how much they want to spend, it's their choice.

What is annoying are the companies behind it coming out with such stuff with absolutely nothing to back it up.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Lads I am looking at this thread in a totally different light.Of course I have had a nice experience on PFM so maybe I am a bit twisted.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading it Mr Toy is only toying(Pardon de pun) with the mad objectivists posting on that forum. Of course he could completely believe it but it is not for sale anywhere hence I think he is just having a laugh.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I reckon Toy is only joking too but when you think about your first reaction to reading his post you get an insight into how things like MQN are looked upon, I guess i.e impossible tweak that only fools would subscribe to.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Were one to spend the 20 quid on beer and drink it, would the system then sound better and for how long??
Keep Doing The Fun Stuff.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

Nigel wrote:Were one to spend the 20 quid on beer and drink it, would the system then sound better and for how long??
Nigel - that depends on where you drink. Some bars could get you well down the road for your twenty. Other place, spend your money and you could still drive home afterwards.

Steven Toy has a long history of this sort of thread.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Nigel wrote:Were one to spend the 20 quid on beer and drink it, would the system then sound better and for how long??
Forget beer, try a bottle of Pelan from Ivor. I'm sure it will improve the playback system but it's a delight in itself. Lots of complexity & I'm only on my 2nd glass :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.