MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
wushuliu

Re: MQN

Post by wushuliu »

LowOrbit wrote:I'd hate to come across as wilfully antagonistic or disagreeable (and tomorrow I might change my mind) BUT -

I have to say 2.7 is not a dog - it is the cleanest, most musical version yet. I've been listening to some well-recorded and challenging music all evening. 2.7 puts everything in correct balance. I think it's clean enough to knock the "digital" edges off so it sounds "less" but is actually more open and it doesn't lack real transient attack. That's there in spades - just listen to "Clearing" by Fred Frith.
I also think 2.7 is a good 'all round' version. 2.69 is good but the midrange sounds more forward.
These last few versions seem to close for their to be a real right or wrong.

Sheesh I can't imagine listening to so many versions, I'd go nuts. I think I found mqn at the right time!
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
tony

Post by tony »

Trying 2.69 as we speak 2.66 just way better for me Nigel. Will try the antagonistic 2.70 version shortly and see how annoyed I get!
Should qualify that version of 2.69 is very good maybe a cleaner lighter detailed sound is your favoured presentation Nigel?

wushuliu welcome aboard I think welcomes were missed as all have gone mad from too many versions and too much testing.
Yes I think you found it at the right time alright but don't count on it Sbgk could get a second wind and we will be up to v2.99 before you know it.

Goon-heaven trying a different wav file is a good idea! I kept trying to play a track for ages that had an odd character when they did not play.

Sbgk the options to pause and skip to next track will they be reintroduced? 24bit asking about that hopefully wont push you over the edge??
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Trying 2.69 as we speak 2.66 just way better for me Nigel. Will try the antagonistic 2.70 version shortly and see how annoyed I get!
Should qualify that version of 2.69 is very good maybe a cleaner lighter detailed sound is your favoured presentation Nigel?

wushuliu welcome aboard I think welcomes were missed as all have gone mad from too many versions and too much testing.
Yes I think you found it at the right time alright but don't count on it Sbgk could get a second wind and we will be up to v2.99 before you know it.

Goon-heaven trying a different wav file is a good idea! I kept trying to play a track for ages that had an odd character when they did not play.

Sbgk the options to pause and skip to next track will they be reintroduced? 24bit asking about that hopefully wont push you over the edge??
ah!!! your useless!!!!!!
just to be sure, it was 2.69 sse2 intel win 8.1 - R2.69 sse2 intel you tested

2.66v2 is one of my reference points too

think this 2.69 has got potential
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

nige2000 wrote:[
ah!!! your useless!!!!!!
2.66v2 is one of my reference points too think this 2.69 has got potential
Yes what is the problem with that my wife tells me that every day is that not a good thing?

It is but I think Gordon is having us on with that title. He obviously spludged the keyboard on that name I had to shorten it a little.

BTW it is an excellent version. Have continued to listen to it and the 2.70 one aint bad either I may be imagining it but I think the 2.66 v2 is the big airy dreamy version for me. If it didnt exist and got wiped from my machine 2.69 blah is great. It has more body than I initially posted but still think it fits with the eist dubh sound and that is why it works so well for you.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

nige2000 wrote:
tony wrote:Trying 2.69 as we speak 2.66 just way better for me Nigel. Will try the antagonistic 2.70 version shortly and see how annoyed I get!

ah!!! your useless!!!!!!

Nige, see your listening room is featured on the Eist Dubh website, think I see the problem, the speakers are too close together.

tony

Post by tony »

You are very right Gordon I tried telling him that ages ago but that guy cant see the wood for the trees
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

sbgk wrote:
nige2000 wrote:

ah!!! your useless!!!!!!

Nige, see your listening room is featured on the Eist Dubh website, think I see the problem, the speakers are too close together.

Expensive room treatment. Too rich for my blood!
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

funny guys

i was missing the airy feel of the sse4's had to put em outside

all joking aside im trying to get the feedback right

2.69 blah is greatly detailed, very clear, immersive and feels live
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

That set up works the best with "Am.i.nt type of Music"...lol.
Last edited by cvrle59 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

Be careful cvrle59 a mere mention of ambient will have cybot dropping 1000's of links to this type of noise on this thread!