MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: MQN

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote:Learn me lesson will stay in this nursing home with all the other grannies
Park your zimmer frame over there & we'll discuss digital audio & knitting
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

tony wrote:Agree to a certain extent I just selfishly want 24bit then measure away to your hearts content. ...
I just found that MQn works very well in high res with the Diverter HR2, which obviously can handle the 32-bit container.

So Tony, if you're really desperate you just have to contact Josh at Sonicweld and all will be resolved :-)

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

Aleg wrote:
tony wrote:Agree to a certain extent I just selfishly want 24bit then measure away to your hearts content. ...
I just found that MQn works very well in high res with the Diverter HR2, which obviously can handle the 32-bit container.

So Tony, if you're really desperate you just have to contact Josh at Sonicweld and all will be resolved :-)

Cheers

Aleg
Hi Aleg will check it out but using the dac that all evangelists of bad digital audio club use JKCiúnas. That looks like a very nice piece of audio art for spdif connection of dac.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

tony wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Cheers

Aleg
Hi Aleg will check it out but using the dac that all evangelists of bad digital audio club use JKCiúnas. That looks like a very nice piece of audio art for spdif connection of dac.
Tony, forget my suggestion, because that won't work. I'm sorry for that.
Diverter is indeed a USB/SPDIF Converter so requires a DAC with SPDIF input.

I better won't drive a wedge between members of this illustrious club, by suggesting another suitable DAC for the Diverter, shall I? ;-)

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
tony

Post by tony »

Fire away just put it in the desirable dacs thread. We are all up to hear any dac that is out there even though we all realise they sound the same.
But sure looking at the different style of boxes can be nice.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Peter_T

Post by Peter_T »

taggart wrote:
nige2000 wrote:With the 1.21beta could it be got working to stop playback
or will we be waiting for release version
At least with current 1.21beta I couldn't get it to work without issues. I replaced taskkill command in both batches with a Process.exe call which works if the processes (werfault.exe, mqnplay.exe, mqncontol.exe, cmd.exe) are killed in correct order. But the X key within MQnControl.exe still doesn't work because it is part of sbgk's code and isn't influenced by these changes. Maybe best to wait what the next beta of optimizer or the final version 1.21 brings.
I can start MQncontrol.exe under W2012-R1-Core-Audiophil-script-V1.2, but no music of course (yet). I tested pskill ; free at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... Kill.shtml
The command
pskill -t "mqncontrol.exe"
will kill MQncontrol without problems. Could that be useful ?
tony

Post by tony »

Peter_T wrote:
taggart wrote:
nige2000 wrote:With the 1.21beta could it be got working to stop playback
or will we be waiting for release version
At least with current 1.21beta I couldn't get it to work without issues. I replaced taskkill command in both batches with a Process.exe call which works if the processes (werfault.exe, mqnplay.exe, mqncontol.exe, cmd.exe) are killed in correct order. But the X key within MQnControl.exe still doesn't work because it is part of sbgk's code and isn't influenced by these changes. Maybe best to wait what the next beta of optimizer or the final version 1.21 brings.
I can start MQncontrol.exe under W2012-R1-Core-Audiophil-script-V1.2, but no music of course (yet). I tested pskill ; free at http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... Kill.shtml
The command
pskill -t "mqncontrol.exe"
will kill MQncontrol without problems. Could that be useful ?
As a temp fix for people anxious to stop playback prior to fix from audiophil. I just used task manager and stopped the processes.
Obviously from a useability point of view fix will have to happen (love saying that especially as the work falls to others)
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

sbgk wrote:
jkeny wrote: Great post, sbgk
An idea might be to create a "BAD" MQN - one which has the max amount of looping before loosing bit-perfection.
It would be a good reference point for both listening tests & measurements.
What do you think?
I can do one that you're dog will sing along to, a watery one, a dry one and bassy one, could even do a fishy one, oh wait that's a different sensory organ.
might as well use 2.59 8 4 16 16 8 as a bassy version and 2.59 8 4 16 16 4 as a highly detailed version lacking bass.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:I had a theory that the noise is worse when there is loud, dynamic music with treble, does something get overloaded ? I have a version where this is audible and the interference gets worse during dynamic pieces. There is no distortion during quite periods and yet it is transferring the same no of bytes, so that means the value of the byte affects the sound 8 0 bits takes less to transfer than 8 non zero bits. can upload the distortion version if people are interested.
Yes, please upload it
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

sbgk wrote:might as well use 2.59 8 4 16 16 8 as a bassy version and 2.59 8 4 16 16 4 as a highly detailed version lacking bass.
Oh I was hoping that there might be a version that could be created that was even worse sounding than just missing some bass?
Last edited by jkeny on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz