MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
nige2000

Re: MQN

Post by nige2000 »

jadarin wrote:

Most causes in my system when there was no sound comming from MQn:

- Wrong default playback device choosen.
MQn-player outputs too 'Default playback device'

- C++ not installed or not updated.
(on a fresh server 2012 install. On my system MQn only works after a C++ update)

Mark[/quote]
Where do i find these options?,can't get this working at all.Tried this so many times now.When i double click MQn.bat a file appears for 1/2 a second than nothing..
I'm using a Windows 8 64-bit,Intel core i3-2328m cpu@2.20GHz,4.0GB RAM,Intel graf 3000 with a JK 32 DAC...[/quote]

bottom right of screen
speaker icon
right click
playback devices
select hiface/jkdac
make default

had no issues with c++ updates been required yet
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

jadarin wrote:

Mark[/quote]
Where do i find these options?,can't get this working at all.Tried this so many times now.When i double click MQn.bat a file appears for 1/2 a second than nothing..
I'm using a Windows 8 64-bit,Intel core i3-2328m cpu@2.20GHz,4.0GB RAM,Intel graf 3000 with a JK 32 DAC...[/quote]

Works for me John on i3 laptop using windows8 and JKDAC32. Funnily enough I have never renamed the folder as per the bat file but it still plays. Is that pc/laptop connected to the internet?
Teamviewer is an option to see what is happening. Are you using the Young driver? Maybe this was covered earlier have you stopped jplay service in task manager?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

To: jesuscheung
I am wondering if those optimizations in that .bat you just posted could cause some serious issues with some other functionality on a computer.
I do not have (for now) a dedicated computer to play music only, and I am concern if I run those it may screw my computer bad, I mean to make it "dedicated music player only".
What OS are they for, any limits there?
Any experience?
Thanks
Last edited by cvrle59 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
tony

Post by tony »

Quote.
So I’m curious too see what more optimizations scripts are out there and what they do.[/quote]

Audiophil optimiser for windows 2012 and very soon for R2. Very comprehensive instructions.Guy is very helpful.
You can run 2012 in gui minimal or core. He has all the commands for switching back/forth. Used with Jplay streaming.
It is very good.(excellent) There are free earlier beta versions but the paid version launched recently is kinda pricey but the guy has put huge work into it and the guide is very professional.

CAD script from the designer of the CAD dac(Scott) for windows 8
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

tony wrote:
jadarin wrote:

Mark

Works for me John on i3 laptop using windows8 and JKDAC32. Funnily enough I have never renamed the folder as per the bat file but it still plays. Is that pc/laptop connected to the internet?
Teamviewer is an option to see what is happening. Are you using the Young driver? Maybe this was covered earlier have you stopped jplay service in task manager?[/quote]
Thanks Tony and Nige,can't remember which driver i'm using think it's the young driver,is this a problem?,i don't think jplay is stopped,should i stop this?
i'll try again later..thanks again....
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Hold on this is being made unduly confusing for people reading the thread

It really is very simple & no need for C++ or optimisations, AFAIK

The only things that you need to do:
- make sure you download the files to c:\musicplayer - this is what the MQN.bat file uses as it's working directory. If you don't use this folder name you will have to edit the MQN.bat file
- ensure that you are using MQNplay.exe SSE2 or SSE4 versions based on your CPUs capabilities.
- play 16/44 wav files to start with anyway

Also, could people use the quotes correctly - it is making reading posts very difficult
To start a quote use the word "quote" in square brackets
to end a quote use "/quote" in square barckets
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Jadarin,
Do you find the following files created in your MQN folder - files.txt & param.txt
Is the content of these files the name of audio file you are trying to play?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
iori

Post by iori »

Hi jesuscheung, your idea of tweaking on cpu fan / speed and of disabling the monitoring routine in the bios do contribute to improvement on SQ. At room temperature of 29 degree C., the i7 3770 just ran a max. of 44 degree after several hours of listening. Should be safe before next Summer. Ver 2.6 sse4 intel 8 4 gets the benefit of increased air in my situatio. Thx.
Iori
Peter Stockwell

Post by Peter Stockwell »

jkeny wrote: - ensure that you are using MQNplay.exe SSE2 or SSE4 versions based on your CPUs capabilities.
What does SSE2 and SSE4 mean ?
Cubox-i2/Volumio/Meridan G68ADV/2 x Amptastic mini-1/Custom Hifi Cables DC3 psu/Audium Comp 5
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Peter Stockwell wrote:
jkeny wrote: - ensure that you are using MQNplay.exe SSE2 or SSE4 versions based on your CPUs capabilities.
What does SSE2 and SSE4 mean ?
Sorry, these are the instruction sets that the CPU can use.
If you google your CPU model, it will usually tell you whether it is SSE2 or SSE4 capable.
www.Ciunas.biz