MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jkeny

Re: MQN

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: Blushing John, personally would prefer to stay under the radar when these threads go mad. I guessed at least one if not all would jump in immediately if mention of money was suggested but of course getting the wrong end of the stick. It was just a little test to prove that the small grouping that poisons threads read nothing.Sadly it worked.
Yes, sadly. The only thing I would have done differently was to let it run longer before I posted that the donate button was to a charity. Flushed out more of the trolls.
TBH I think some of those guys are the kind of lads that would be stoking up trouble at a football match but ensuring they kept out of harms way themselves. Forums seem to offer the opportunity for these people to carry on in a manner that would not be entertained in public. Trick is to not get too annoyed by them.(Having said that fully understand after years of goading from what seem to me just goldfish swimming in a bowl ones patience can be tested) BTW There are some very decent people on PFM and a number are pursuing the MQN route. Don't blame them for not posting on that thread. Really the moderators should just ban them as this thread is just a link to a free software player created by an enthusiast and to allow it take the route it has obviously they are not doing their job. Again not a job I would enjoy trawling through senseless drivel.
Well the owner wants traffic & is not really interested in CA so lets these threads go ballistic. But you are correct. BTW, I do think Suzywongs issue is his/her folder name is wrong
Was reading Sbgk's thread and noticed he offered his code to Jplay and also suggesting they copied some of his ideas.
Disappointed to hear that as it suggests Jplay could have been developed using this route. I can read his posts but am not a programmer so the ideas he is pursuing mean nothing to me except on a basic level where I understand the concept of what he is trying to do.
I didn't see where he offered the code to Jplay? Got a link?
Was asked a question about amd processors does anyone know if they will work with MQn and what files should do the job? Searched but don't see anything on the MQn thread
Yes, AMD CPUs work but need the SSE2 versions of MQN
It doesn't take rocket science reading through the thread that the guy is very intelligent and balanced.
Sure
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

I know what you mean John but if I waited 20 seconds longer you might have jumped in! So it was a balancing act and it proved the point.
They read nothing. I am bad I just skip through things.We could talk all night about these people but you have to get it into your head it is the reply they are after. If the facts come directly from God they will just be ignored. The repetitive argument is the goal. Hey the post worked for me as there are a few guys looking to test and asking questions and that was why I posted not for Tonyl's favourite trollers.

Post 65 on Sbgk thread

Finding it funny reading JPlay forum about their 5.1 version, a few weeks after I started developung MQn I offered it to them asking why they couldn't produce an engine that sounded like MQn, needless to say there was no reply. Imagine my surprise when JPlay 5.1 was released with a new ultrastream engine, ha, ha, not the first time they have used one of my ideas - I told them I was getting better sound in v4.2 by making it realtime priority, next thing you know JPlay has real time priority. Anyway, the funny thing about 5.1 is that I read a post saying Ultrastream was now this user's favorite engine, but it sounded too slow. If only they had taken me up on my offer they could have got the speed right, maybe they will do an MQn sounding version later.

Thanks re amd I did a search but didn't find it on the thread
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Listening to "Meet me in London" album by Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba at 24 192 HiRez on the Zuma and it sounds stunning, better than anything I heard before. So MQN can do HiRez exceptionally well after all.
I just took the first 2.59 version I seen and was shocked when I first heard the music coming from the speakers.
Will need to spend more time with it and try some more 2.59 versions but I could happily live with this one.
It is 2.59 ssse4 intel ms drv 84 whatever all that means but it sounds excellent.

Running the Zuma off a wintogo server 2012 r2 in minimal mode with no optimisations yet, hope to get audiophils optimiser later this month and then install on a the Paul Pang CF to SATA drive and see if there is any improvement.

Happy Days!

Post by nige2000 »

how much better is the superzuma than the cirrus
id be interested in doing a battery powered WTG vs the cf sometime
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

John did you sort sbgk with the ciunas dac yet? Trying to beg for 24bit but if he has your dac that will push him over the line(i hope)
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Tony, I think Suzzywongs problem is the MQN.bat - I just posted a link to a new one (actually an old one that doesn't have the code that deals with odd characters).

I am posting him one tomorrow

Pearse, is the hi-res much better than 16/44?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
tony

Post by tony »

jkeny wrote:Tony, I think Suzzywongs problem is the MQN.bat - I just posted a link to a new one (actually an old one that doesn't have the code that deals with odd characters).

I am posting him one tomorrow

There is a bat file that plays odd characters?? Where?? I need to play my Caetano Veloso/David Byrne album without having to rename tracks!!

Great news on the ciunas I hope that works. Hires and I will be retiring from forums somebody else can take up that role.
You will get a heart attack if you keep at it so pass the baton on as well!
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

tony wrote: There is a bat file that plays odd characters?? Where?? I need to play my Caetano Veloso/David Byrne album without having to rename tracks!!
The standard MQN bat file in the MQN main folder that you linked to is the one that tries to edit out the odd characters but it I've seen it fail for others.

Great news on the ciunas I hope that works. Hires and I will be retiring from forums somebody else can take up that role.
You will get a heart attack if you keep at it so pass the baton on as well!
I will post any help I can on that thread but ignore the rest.
www.Ciunas.biz
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Hi John, I have not had time to do any comparisons on HiRez to 16 44 yet John but it definitely sounded nice last night after a trying day.
Spent a lot of time trying to get Server 2012 r2 on my SSD while keeping copies of Win8 and Server Core....triple boot but failed miserably.
I think I have a fix now but that is for another day.

Think I will wipe my Server Core install for JPlay on the Paul Pang SD drive and see if I can copy server 2012 r2 over it this week.
Was going to buy another CF card but I cannot see me going back to listening to JPlay very soon with Audiophils optimiser.

Just when I thought it was safe to start relaxing back in to listening to music all this MQN madness started....can't complain really as it is all about the sound!!

Hi Nige, again no idea how much better the Zuma is over the Cirrus as my powers of retention are poor and unreliable and too much cable swapping involved in comparing the two of them.
I am going to continue with the Zuma now and see where it leads me....wish I had more time to listen and test but that is not likely to happen for another month or so.

Cheers,
Pearse.

Post by nige2000 »

tony
i failed to get mqn working on the amd athlon x2
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's